Rolex Sub

This tread seems to be about investment and not really about watches. I might suggest looking to see where the best rewards for investment are and likely to be at the time you decide to cash in on your investment.

You can't blame people, who want a fine timepiece - to be swayed, if not driven towards the no/low depreciation models, which are Rolex.

Before the 'new' ceramic-bezel, fat casing "shouty" sports models - Rolex produced some fantastic designs, which have been copied or at very least - drew inspiration from - generally lesser makes.

Used to be that they looked after owners - way beyond warranty periods, and although they still do............... they charge a lot for that.

I'm sorry Joe. I didn't pay much attention to my schooling, in fact, I didn't always go. A bit of a shaky upbringing and me preferring to be out on my peddle bike than sitting in school didn't help. I'm quite sure your comprehension of the Queens English is for superior to mine but hey, when it's got to be said, it shouldn't read "Sorry, go to be said" Not sarcastic, all true, I'm thick! :beerjug:

I’m sure my education was worse. Only things I learnt were back of the back shed and I still failed biology. My qualifications were tufty club badge for crossing the road, cycling proficiency ( didn’t own a bike) and 10metres swimming ( I put my feet down but got away with it).

I once made a tea caddy, it was supposed to be a stool.

When I was at school it was trendy to study home economics which basically consisted of us wondering around the park picking berries taking them back to school for the teachers to make wine.

We should stop now before someone spots the monty python sketch.

You can't blame people, who want a fine timepiece - to be swayed, if not driven towards the no/low depreciation models, which are Rolex.

That's a pretty fair observation.

I got tired of having a perfectly good working £200 pound watch upgraded by the Mrs at Chrimbo time for a £300 one and then a £450 one et al..So I just went and bought a Rolex and said she can rather buy me power tools. I had no idea of the appreciation in them and have worn it ever since, every day, doing everything. I never treated it as a dress watch. I wanted one to wear as it was made. When in dodgy countries, I simply put a runners wrist band over it. Again, the only people that notice it, are those that know, have looked for or own a Rolex. So as sloppy as I am in my casual clothes, if people think its a fake, let them...

I think demand and desire for these watches will fall away as people use smart watches more. Tap tap on the Apple watch for contactless payment, no more rooting for the wallet, it's just so easy!

I bought Mrs FT a lovely Datejust earlier this year thinking it would be a great excuse to get myself the Daytona i have always wanted.

cant bring myself to replace my Seamaster which i wear every day regardless of activity so the Daytona is on hold.

I think demand and desire for these watches will fall away as people use smart watches more. Tap tap on the Apple watch for contactless payment, no more rooting for the wallet, it's just so easy!

Did you see the new straps that have the chip for NFC Payments. Best of both worlds !

I really need to phone the AD I purchased my Oyster Perpetual from because my name is down for a Sub ND and once they re-open they might get a few new watches in. I don’t need one because I’ve got a selection of watches I can wear but I want one and that’s far more important than needing one :D

Took 5 quartz watches for new batteries and one needing a springbar - to a local guy today........... £30!

Has the OP or moderator done something to this thread? Can’t upload images and get a message at top of screen:

“ ***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site”

I really need to phone the AD I purchased my Oyster Perpetual from because my name is down for a Sub ND and once they re-open they might get a few new watches in. I don’t need one because I’ve got a selection of watches I can wear but I want one and that’s far more important than needing one :D

Andy they have been offering lots of subs to folk on the waiting list with the caveat you have to pay upfront and collect when “we “ open. This has led to lots of ill feelings, but ultimately the AD’s have cleared their safes.

I've had a Sub ND as my daily wearer for a few years, when you get yours we will have something in common, who would have thought that! :)

Took 5 quartz watches for new batteries and one needing a springbar - to a local guy today........... £30!

Has the OP or moderator done something to this thread? Can’t upload images and get a message at top of screen:

“ ***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site”
It was moved to this section on the 24th March.

Images should now be able to be uploaded to this thread and others in here.

I'm looking for a new non date sub, willing to pay a bit of a premium but not £2k

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm looking for a new non date sub, willing to pay a bit of a premium but not £2k

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Are you appealing to the forum for “mates’ rates” ? Good luck with that one! :D

Took all these in.........

Fed up with being shafted by Breitling, especially.

Attachments

• 9C0F5AF1-77AC-4A23-9747-066A1E881104.jpg
    9C0F5AF1-77AC-4A23-9747-066A1E881104.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 300
Andy they have been offering lots of subs to folk on the waiting list with the caveat you have to pay upfront and collect when “we “ open. This has led to lots of ill feelings, but ultimately the AD’s have cleared their safes.

Apparently jewelers will be able to reopen from the 15th but the one I deal with is only a small one with just the one branch so who knows what they’ll say :nenau

Did he replace the seals? Had that happen once when a supermarket place put in a new battery but didn't replace the seal, thing leaked

Stick to my submariner now

Did he replace the seals? Had that happen once when a supermarket place put in a new battery but didn't replace the seal, thing leaked

Stick to my submariner now

Except when in dodgy countries. No edit available here?

Back
Top Bottom