Rolex Sub

Billy Buell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Actually i haven't got one yet. Having bought a new Air King from an official dealer recently i expressed an interest in a 'no date' submariner expecting to wait at least 18 months. Anyway had a call and have to make my mind up by tomorrow. The thing is i've taken to my Air King so wondering wether to buy it as a bit of an investment. Are they still going up in price. Thought i would ask as there are folks here that know alot more than me.

You probably won’t lose money if you decide to sell, but we live in interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe the factory is closed so these things will become rarer ? as he says you won't lose

6,300 buys a lot of food and bog rolls ...... :augie

If you can afford it then buy the Sub and sell the Air King.

I'm starting to get the impression that high-end watches simply aren't worth owning due to the risk of being mugged and that many who would normally wear them are instead wearing electronic types which track how far they've walked, heart rate etc.

Although I have a few, I rarely wear them because compared to my Sekonda which cost £17 they're so heavy.

We’re forecasting a massive drop in luxury goods so be wise with your dough guys! “Trade” rather than retail will be thing :thumb

Although I agree that you won't lose money, it is worth noting that if you appreciate the internals, the Airking has the 3131 movement which superseded the 3130 in the Sub. Anal I know, but some would prefer the newer movement while others don't give a fig as long as it looks and feels good. I have a sneaky feeling the Airking could become more desirable if disappears from the line-up. Similarly the Sub is due replacement, so a look back historically tells us that soon to be discontinued Rolex in the longer term an be a wise buy.
Decisions decisions, if you can keep both and enjoy.

I spoke to a gut in the know who advised that rolex were just going to update some internals in some watches at Basel and no new models

What’s RRP on a “no date” 114060 being sold new for these days if you don’t mind me asking?

£6300....as per Dorsal Fin’s post number 4, but you’d have to wait. Second hand, they go for £7k plus, if you find someone prepared to pay a premium for immediate purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a good buy, but prices are now falling and if you did buy it you may just get your money back in the next week or so.........but the way things are going, give it a month and I think prices will be below Rolex Retail........in six months time the market will be even softer.

If you want it to wear and keep, buy it as it's good to have a Rolex with your name on the "papers" - if you are buying it to make money, you won't make much and now F2F meetings are almost banned, it would be more trouble than it's worth to complete the sale unless you can find someone locally

Rolex SS Sports watches are at least holding up better than OP's which are now seeing bigger falls

just my views from looking at what is now happening

If I was in your position I’d buy it if I had the cash. You’ll never lose money on it. Go for it. I’ve got one btw. Lovely watch. Not too blingy.

BillN has nailed it.

Second hand prices are softening and in two - four weeks it will be a different market.

My original idea was to change to the sub once it arrived but taken a real liking to the Air King. I'm not a collector and only want to end up with one but will have to make a decision in the morning or it goes to the next on the list .

My original idea was to change to the sub once it arrived but taken a real liking to the Air King. I'm not a collector and only want to end up with one but will have to make a decision in the morning or it goes to the next on the list .

They wear very differently.

If you did buy it at retail you should not loose on it but you wouldn’t get the money people have been getting.

The grey delays are over stocked and selling off.

6fab095db9084ac75be8f7226bb2e7a8.jpg

buy prices are not softening they are steady and will climb once his is over as the waiting times will be twice as much as they are now .The factory is closed so no watches being made for the for seeable .plus when this is over the feel good factor we made it people will spend spend spend

buy prices are not softening they are steady and will climb once his is over as the waiting times will be twice as much as they are now .The factory is closed so no watches being made for the for seeable .plus when this is over the feel good factor we made it people will spend spend spend

Wow, I wish I could hedge against you on this.

2008 crash rolexes were still commanding top bucks demand out stripping supply nothing has changed

Back
Top Bottom