BMW Warranty & COVID

MartinK

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My GS is due it's 6000 mile service

I called 5 dealers today (to order something mail-order) and they are all closed. Whilst I obviously didn't expect to be going for service whilst locked-down, i do want to p,an the service.

The BMW site says:
These warranty terms are applicable providing your vehicle has been serviced in
accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended schedules and timescales.
proof of adequate servicing will be required in the event of a warranty claim.

I know I checked with vauxhall a couple of years back, and they said the service had to be within 1 month or 1000 miles of the due time.

Just hoping BMW don't invalidate Warranties if we don't meet the Service requirements...

It'll be fine. I would worry about something else.

It's not the biggest worry in my life...It'll be booked-in as soon as possible to enjoy the summer sun :)

Exactly right. It really won't be an issue. I would well imagine firms like BMW will be looking at powerpoint presentations of firms that have shot themselves in the foot in this crisis (there'll be plenty of examples) and thinking customer retention!

Here's to enjoying the sun :thumb

My GS is due it's 6000 mile service

I called 5 dealers today (to order something mail-order) and they are all closed. Whilst I obviously didn't expect to be going for service whilst locked-down, i do want to p,an the service.

The BMW site says:

I know I checked with vauxhall a couple of years back, and they said the service had to be within 1 month or 1000 miles of the due time.

Just hoping BMW don't invalidate Warranties if we don't meet the Service requirements...

It's not the biggest worry in my life...It'll be booked-in as soon as possible to enjoy the summer sun :)

But worried enough to post your concerns (and hopes) here and have them salved by Roberto, which must be comforting.

Please do share your more worrisome concerns with the forum, not least as they apparently outweigh whether your warranty will be invalid due to BMW dealerships being closed for the foreseeable future. You’ll find comfort in the company of several likeminds. Remember the old motto: “A problem shared, is a problem given to someone else”.

Back
Top Bottom