CBT

leedude03

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone have any information with reference to taking a cbt while lockdown is ongoing. can you take a cbt or can the schools conduct them but only for key workers.

We're only doing them on a one to one for key workers to renew a CBT, most bike schools have closed completely.

We're only doing them on a one to one for key workers to renew a CBT, most bike schools have closed completely.

Absolutely Tim, RMT have shut down for all training except for CBT renewals for key and essential workers. Lives are more important than motobike licenses.

yep lives are more important ..tbh they shouldn't be even doing renewals ! the DVLA should step in and automatically add another three or four months on to the persons licence .

Absolutely Tim, RMT have shut down for all training except for CBT renewals for key and essential workers. Lives are more important than motobike licenses.

The last CBT I did was for a 69 yr old who just wanted to ride his 125 with his mates at the weekend, to be honest even though we worked hard he still wasn't up to scratch in one day and restrictions were looking imminent .....then I got some perspective on the current situation ;)

In reality I'd hope it would only be a particularly harsh copper to charge a key worker because his CBT had run out at the moment. :thumb

A mate of mine runs his own training school and says it would be for essential key workers only, I presume a directive from DVSA, Tim may be able to confirm/deny.

A mate of mine runs his own training school and says it would be for essential key workers only, I presume a directive from DVSA, Tim may be able to confirm/deny.

Not a directive from the DVSA although they are only conducting tests for 'critical workers' although all theory tests are postponed for now.

yep lives are more important ..tbh they shouldn't be even doing renewals ! the DVLA should step in and automatically add another three or four months on to the persons licence .

That would seem to be a sensible decision to make; if people continue to ride with an out of date CBT certificate as they are unable to renew they may well be invalidating their insurance.

Thanks for all the replies guys, have a couple of key workers to re do in the week, one is a nurse and the other is a fireman both use there 125s for travel to work.

FFS how wrong can you get something, the headlines in the industry papers today.

Quote (The DVSA has confirmed that CBT can still be carried out during the COVID-19 lockdown albeit through specific test centres).

There’s at least one school operating here, no law saying they can’t.

Did you actualy read the article here, https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/dvsa-confirm-cbt-rules-amid-covid-19-lockdown

It says Quote (In it they confirm that across the UK there are 50, of what they call, emergency testing centres able to provide the training to those that need it.) this quote has absolutely nothing to do with cbt centres, it refers to motorcycle testing , so as a member of the public reading the above, you would be wanting to know where the 50 select training sites are, these are not CBT training sites.

I never mentioned anything about the legality of it, i know its legal i am training people, it was the incorect information i was refering to.

Maybe if you had bothered to look for the headline and have read it you may have better understood what the post was about, before jumping in implying i was saying it was against the law.

Back
Top Bottom