R-18 livestream reveal today

Firstly, and most importantly, if ‘cruisers’ are not your thing then you won’t be persuaded anyway.

But I like ‘em. And I’d have an R18 if I had the money.

And if you you ARE into cruisers and still think it’s ugly (which is entirely your prerogative), you may be missing the point. With a few tweaks (lower bars and a few choice accessories) it’d look great, and as with Harleys, this is kinda the point. They’re built as a ‘base model’ for personalising and customising.

Brand/Cost/Quality-wise, I had a Softail Slim and would choose the R18 over a new Slim, without question.

There’s a promo shot showing a fat-tyred bobber variant and another with ape hangers, so clearly there will be plenty of customising options

I still don’t understand the 345kg weight though??

(Oh, and those stock pipes look shit ;)

Firstly, and most importantly, if ‘cruisers’ are not your thing then you won’t be persuaded anyway.

But I like ‘em. And I’d have an R18 if I had the money.

And if you you ARE into cruisers and still think it’s ugly (which is entirely your prerogative), you may be missing the point. With a few tweaks (lower bars and a few choice accessories) it’d look great, and as with Harleys, this is kinda the point. They’re built as a ‘base model’ for personalising and customising.

Brand/Cost/Quality-wise, I had a Softail Slim and would choose the R18 over a new Slim, without question.

There’s a promo shot showing a fat-tyred bobber variant and another with ape hangers, so clearly there will be plenty of customising options

I still don’t understand the 345kg weight though??

(Oh, and those stock pipes look shit ;)

But where do you put your feet ?
The cylinder heads block and chance of being comfortable!

I’m sure they’ll have thought of that :)

As ever the proof will be in the riding

BMW x 1000

Don’t like the Guzzi at all personally :)

It's all too retro-modern and well done BMW but no cigar.

Pick up a 10 year old Crossbones.... 10 times more character.

Attachments

• DGR16 b (2).jpg
    DGR16 b (2).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 133
https://youtu.be/fbzOzLxN_4Y

Not a bad review .

He’s only 5’8” and looks a bit cramped sat on it.

If you want a laugh, have a look at the configurator !

Hours of fun !!

28acf1b6c5acb9158f7c78bdd05441c7.jpg

f1e3b41fdd282b338342aef22f36b12a.jpg

Post up your worst efforts .This is mine :

e39866433b1d504321409489871a0e4d.jpg

He’s only 5’8” and looks a bit cramped sat on it

It's not about how tall you are, it's about how long your inseam is. A lot of journos forget that very important bit. I also thought he looked a tad cramped sat on the bike in a 'I've done fifty miles and my knees/hips have gone in to spasm' sort of way :augie

If I had the money I would be ordering one of these immediately...

r18.jpg

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/bmw-motorcycles-cafe-racer/revival-cycles-r18/

Hell of an engineering success. And somewhere in there is the fuel...

“As with all custom builds, we have attempted to try something new. This time it was a material choice, titanium. For those who have not worked with or even held titanium, it’s an amazing alloy. It is both extremely lightweight and extremely strong. I wanted to use the thinnest material we could and titanium was the right choice. I had also always been infatuated with the birdcage framed racecars that Maserati and Porsche famously built in the late ’50s and early ’60s. Thus I chose to go full ‘birdcage’ and build what I believe to be one of or perhaps the only birdcage-framed motorcycles ever built. With 138 carefully cut, coped and welded in frame members it took a LOT of time to complete!”

Correct me if I’m wrong (and I often am!) but that’s a frame/structural concept for a land speed bike, right, not a working road bike - ie, there’s no fuel tank ‘yet’, right?

Correct me if I’m wrong (and I often am!) but that’s a frame/structural concept for a land speed bike, right, not a working road bike - ie, there’s no fuel tank ‘yet’, right?

Nope, you’re wrong I think. It was a BMW-sponsored marketing exercise for the R18 and there’s a video somewhere of it running on the road. Hang on a bit...

Wow! You’re right - where the heck is the fuel???

Back
Top Bottom