R-18 livestream reveal today

If I had the money I would be ordering one of these immediately...

r18.jpg

I rather have something like this with that engine :cool: 60/2 Police version

Attachments

• F4E208B5-6268-4483-9C39-263F633E68A8.jpg
    F4E208B5-6268-4483-9C39-263F633E68A8.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 179
First test ride, at 14 min cylinder cover is off.

Attachments

• BC769278-B336-414F-81D9-D3FC51703455.jpg
    BC769278-B336-414F-81D9-D3FC51703455.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 139
I saw one in NOG this morning. In fact they have two. One sat in the window and this Demo :thumby:

IMG-20200917-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200917-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200917-WA0005.jpg

£20720 otr

That engine is mahoosive. The cylinders are the size of a Hobbitt's house :eek:

A journo on the recent Malle Rally was riding one. Not my cuppa. And it rattled as much as an LC. :aidan

I don't think is going to be a "cuppa" for many. At £20k basic it will hit North of £25k after few accessories. Which is good thing, back to the good old days. Price out the plebs:D. I like it as a concept and BMW's balls to take on the cruiser market. All the test riders are praising the bike. Especially the US.

I don't think is going to be a "cuppa" for many. At £20k basic it will hit North of £25k after few accessories. Which is good thing, back to the good old days. Price out the plebs:D. I like it as a concept and BMW's balls to take on the cruiser market. All the test riders are praising the bike. Especially the US.

Ex demo Road King Special for circa £18k.....and it’s proper........so they can stick their £25k

Ex demo Road King Special for circa £18k.....and it’s proper........so they can stick their £25k

New same price as the BMW, add all the HD shit and soon will hit £25k.

Where is the fuel? I think they should pour it all over it and strike a match. The world and BMW has gone mad bnige

Anyone bought one yet ?

I was at Bahnstormer Alton today with a couple of mates both who wanted to see the R18 in the flesh

The bike was in the car park out front of the shop and a salesman was sat on the bike about to demonstrate the reversing feature to an interested buyer. I don't know if the bike had been ridden today, but the salesman who was by this time sat on the bike lifted it up off its side stand and fired up the engine. The bike immediately started smoking on the left cylinder. He blipped the throttle and the smoking got worse. "It'll clear in a few seconds" he said only it didn't. It then started smoking on the right hand pot too. The thick blue smoke was so bad it filled the car park in about 10 seconds and by now it had started to smell bloody awful. Just as if someone had filled it with diesel. They switched the motor off and pushed the bike up the hill to the new workshops out back :blast

Still, the coffee was nice :augie

Hmm .... I was at Edinburgh Motorrad this afternoon and *exactly* the same thing happened - smoking from the left cylinder on startup. The chap testing it departed with it like that, and he hadn’t returned by the time I left.

Not the best start to a £20k bike launch

Saw one at the dealers today, predict it could go one of two ways ie really popular and the basis for a raft of different bikes or it will go the way of the r1200c Montauk and slide quietly into welcome oblivion

I thought it looked good and was nicely made, but when the guy rode off it seemed lacking any kind of drama. I was much more impressed with the Norton he arrived on (as was the very attractive sales lady).

I went to Plymouth yesterday and called into Ocean BMW to take a look. There were two in there, one sold already but both covered in transparent plastic awaiting the big reveal. I lifted the cover on the unsold bike and took a quick look. I wish I hadn't bothered, it was just as it looks in the pictures. Ugly and stupid looking. Even with a lotto win I wouldn't be interested. Each to their own though, as I said, one was already sold.

"Soul is all that matters".........'kin joke. BMW and "soul" are two words that are very strange bed fellows.

"Soul is all that matters".........'kin joke. BMW and "soul" are two words that are very strange bed fellows.

Religious freaks...bikes & souls? Really? I gather an old piece of leaking shit from the 60' has a soul:blast

Back
Top Bottom