NAV VI Music Playlist set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fagin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening GS'ers

I have installed an SD card with music loaded on it into my Nav 6, problem I have is when I select the media player on the sat nav and browse to the SD card music it is only letting me play the entire list in alphabetical order and not by artist?

I have tried to browse and sort the files with the unit connected to my PC but the only way I can see to sort the music into an Artist based playlist is manually on the Nav 6.

If anyone can help, a step by step idiots guide would be much appreciated, Ta

Evening GS'ers

I have installed an SD card with music loaded on it into my Nav 6, problem I have is when I select the media player on the sat nav and browse to the SD card music it is only letting me play the entire list in alphabetical order and not by artist?

I have tried to browse and sort the files with the unit connected to my PC but the only way I can see to sort the music into an Artist based playlist is manually on the Nav 6.

If anyone can help, a step by step idiots guide would be much appreciated, Ta

If i recall, thats your lot so to speak.

it was the same on the 550 & the IV ( anything that you had to load into, and have the Nav unit control)

That was one of the primary reasons for going to a VI, you can stream from your phone, and the screen is better :)

I have a nav 6 with a card in for the music. When you open the music app, there should be on the left hand side a menu , it gives options like repeat track , shuffle etc. If you click on shuffle, it plays all the tracks in any random order. Will try get some images for you later, it it is quite simple .

if what you are trying to do is to create a real playlist so you get your artists or songs or even albums in the correct order that you wish them to play, i would suggest you watch this little video, its a lot clearer than me trying to explain how i do it. this of course will only work if your nav accepts playlists. the zumo 550 does and the zumo 660 does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHVqFjHDLA

Try Spotify it's easy and whilst it uses your phone it leaves the nave to do what it should oh and you can use the nave via the wiz wheel to skip forward and back and has nice graphics

Try Spotify it's easy and whilst it uses your phone it leaves the nave to do what it should oh and you can use the nave via the wiz wheel to skip forward and back and has nice graphics

Spotty is only with Nav VI i believe

so as Promised Fagin this is what I do with my music on the Nav 6

I open the app,it only works when a headset is connected.

My SD card is inside the Nav it is formatted and holds MP3 tracks, dont think the gamins play any other format.

On screen is my list of songs, artists , Genres , Playlists.

WOEgl5C.jpg

I select All songs, this brings up my SD card music tracks all in order.

On the left hand side there are 4 icons. The top one ( a mic) is for sound or tools ,the bottom one is for going back to the previous screen, the third one down when clicked will play the track once or repeat that track , The second icon from the top is the shuffle. Touch the icon so it looks highlighted,like the one in the image below.

MVDXTYM.jpg

This will then auto shuffle the tracks and play any random one. If you dont want to hear that track and want to play the next one, hold the wonder wheel to the right until it starts playing the next track.

Hope that helps and is what you were trying to achieve

if what you are trying to do is to create a real playlist so you get your artists or songs or even albums in the correct order that you wish them to play, i would suggest you watch this little video, its a lot clearer than me trying to explain how i do it. this of course will only work if your nav accepts playlists. the zumo 550 does and the zumo 660 does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHVqFjHDLA

leedude03

Sorted, it's a bit of a faff but the link to the youtube video eventually after a wee while made sense and I can now access all my music via the playlists selection in the Nav VI media player, thanks everyone for your suggestions :thumby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom