My 6th VFR750

Typical honda they have a knack of having ancillary parts and fittings in a way that makes sense when taking them apart build quality on these early VFRs is stunning, had the 96fv 750 and a few 800s, but you got really lucky with that one, that definitely is a keeper, remember reading an old superbike test with the FZ, 750, GPx750, and gsxr750, and every tester was amazed at how that bike could keep with them all and with very little effort, plus touring ability built in, class bike, definitely Honda's swan song.

Wheres Steve ( Magwa) on this thread, still playing with his tractor? I know Steve is a keen past Viffer owner.

Steve

Wheres Steve ( Magwa) on this thread, still playing with his tractor? I know Steve is a keen past Viffer owner.

Steve

Still here, if there is one road bike EVERYONE should own
It's a VFR
I'll never be able to ride on the road again
So I'm turning "RedTractor"
I suppose I'll have to post the pictures of Suzi on it again :green gri

I’ve only had one VFR, a VTEC. If that was a low point in VFR build quality I can’t imagine what the early ones were like. Mine looked like new with 12000 miles on it and 4 years old when I bought it on the rebound from an unreliable air cooled Multistrada. I actually quite liked the definite power band of the VTEC engine, commuted 140 miles/day on it and washed it at the weekend. It still looked like new when I traded it in for a KTM supermoto. Why did I do that??

I have just picked up a 96 25k miles, blue VFR750 for not a lot of money to ride through the winter. It's nice to see so much enthusiasm for these bikes as they have never really registered on my radar before. It has bar risers and a rack, otherwise its pretty much as it left the factory apart from some scratches on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom