I must be bored because...

Seeing as the thread is about your Tenere outfit, and it's the only one shown, I'd take a safe bet on him meaning yours. :D :augie

Yeah, I can’t even blame alcohol for posts made before 11am :D

Right then, how much would it sell for? The evasive answer is as much as a buyer would pay and as little as I’d take for it.

It won’t fetch what it owes me but that’s normal for outfits that the seller has had made to their specifications and I wouldn’t sell it for what most speculative buyers would offer because I’d get more by stripping it.

The bike has 19k miles on it and the mileage is genuine because I bought it from new. It’s mainly been used/abused in winter so it’s got what I’d call an expected level of flakey paint for a 9 year old bike even though I always coated it in ACF50 before a big trip. I changed the oil and filter every 5k miles and checked the valves at 15k with them all being in tolerance. It had new exhaust headers about 4 years ago but it’s hardly been used since then so they’re still solid which is good because they’re stupidly expensive for what they are. A complete new clutch was fitted about 750 miles ago because the old one slipped when the bike was opened up under load after I fitted the chair and nailed it with a passenger and a load of winter camping gear. It also had a new battery a few weeks ago.

The bike has WP forks on it so they’re fully adjustable to suit roads and load on the bike which helps keep it under control if heavy braking is needed and it’s got an Ohlins rear shock which could probably do with a heavier spring of the bike was going to go on rough roads with a heavy load. There’s also a Power Commander, DNA filter and titanium exhaust which was replaced at the same time as the headers because it had split due to backfiring when the headers started leaking. It’s got Talon hubs and Excel rims with the back now being an 18” which gives a better choice of tyre. There’s a GPR rotary damper to keep the front end under control though to be honest a square profile front tyre would do a better job on the road but on rough surfaces it’s a big help.

The chair is a heavy brute of a thing that’s designed to be used on shit surfaces without bending the mounts but aerodynamic it isn’t so don’t expect good fuel consumption when riding it at 70mph. There’s a lockable compartment under the floor of the chair that’s not waterproof but is very good for carrying camping kit in waterproof bags and it’s just the right height to shove a case or four of beers under there :beerjug:

There’s also a lockable underseat box with two charge points, this is waterproof so anything can be left in there overnight without fear of it ending up in a puddle. There’s a second battery in the compartment under the floor but I’m far from convinced it’s actually taking a charge but that’s not going to be anything over complicated to sort out. I had it installed when the chair was built so I’d got extra power available in low temperatures plus it removes the need to turn off heated grips and clothing 30 minutes before stopping for the night. I’d also leave the Touratech frames and massive pair of Verns panniers which as everyone knows are about as good as you can get.

The paintwork is all good and the only thing it needs is a new chain and rear sprocket because they were knackered when it destroyed the original cush drive then an mot. I think it needs the repeater light on the chair replacing because it’s supposed to be a 3 function light and it isn’t.

That’s it really. I’d want £6.5k for it with a new ticket, if I couldn’t get that I’d keep it and if it had to go I’d break it and get significantly more but that’d be a shame because it’s a good outfit if you’ve got the time and inclination to take it on big trips.

Back
Top Bottom