Scrambler 1200 - It's good that init

Rode mine yesterday for first time in ages, as we can now ride here for recreation.
It is lovely BUT I really want to cut down to only three bikes in the garage so one really needs to go.....

What you got left then... the Scrambler, Road King, Old BeeEm, California, Africa Twin?.

We’re free as from Monday

I’ve got 2 bikes and to be honest I think it’s enough as long as they are not too similar

Agree with that - especially as I seem to spend far more time these days cycling than motorcycling :)

So, it’s between the scrambler and Africa Twin then...

Aye, but ATAS is useful for longer trips and two up.We’ll see.
Or I’ll just get another Bike Bubble and shift the Scram to France,but I don’t want to end up with a garage full there too !!!

Aye, but ATAS is useful for longer trips and two up.We’ll see.
Or I’ll just get another Bike Bubble and shift the Scram to France,but I don’t want to end up with a garage full there too !!!

Sell it in France - you will get more for it!!

Scrambler

Not sure you can ever have enough, I only have two and love them both

Attachments

• 73A1F28E-703F-405B-9ECD-85F98925E125.jpg
    73A1F28E-703F-405B-9ECD-85F98925E125.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 713
They are fun :thumb

20200413-152648.jpg

Not sure you can ever have enough, I only have two and love them both

I’ve an old Harley, and the Scram... perfect combo and satisfies both ends of my spectrum....

Love mine to!

Mike

Attachments

• 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 644
  • ALL 3 (1)a.jpg
    ALL 3 (1)a.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 655
Love mine to!

Mike

That scrambler looks like a dinky toy in comparison, makes you wonder how some folk struggle with the ride height on the Trumpet, when you look at your other two bikes

That scrambler looks like a dinky toy in comparison, makes you wonder how some folk struggle with the ride height on the Trumpet, when you look at your other two bikes

From memory , standard seat height on the Scrambler XE is 870mm and I think 1250GSA is 880,so very little difference.

I’m 6’1” and my XE is just fine. Twizz is 6’8” I think !!

It looks odd in that pic as BMW and Yam on main stands and their huge fairings make them look larger.

At 6’8” with a 36” leg - I find the Scram very comfy.... yes I look big on it... but fuck me I look big stood in the street....

For me it’s the ergonomics.... can I ride it .... with the XE I’d say Triumph made it for me.... I love it... and I’ve had an R100RT - R1100GS - R1150GS - R1200 GSA - R1200 Scrambler - R1200LC Rallye.....

I’ve also had four previous Triumphs...

The XE is the best of the lot....

TRIUMPH, Harley and GS’ are probably my favourite brands...

Or £9750 for mine which has over £2k of extras fitted and about 1000 dry miles from new.......:)

You would be crazy to get rid, I would dump the airhead in preference and then you have some fantastic bikes, in the shed with the XE, AT, Harley and 701 LR

Laguna have some cancelled orders - £10,600 for the white / green stripe. £10,800 for blue

I think you can get that deal just walking into your local dealer, I went second had because it had around £1800 worth of extras, pretty much all of which I would have bought

Or £9750 for mine which has over £2k of extras fitted and about 1000 dry miles from new.......:)

I dont know you, but I know you like to switch your bikes, I thought I could wait for you to sell yours in the summer because of all the extras.....in the end I could not wait.

Back
Top Bottom