Scrambler 1200 - It's good that init

From memory , standard seat height on the Scrambler XE is 870mm and I think 1250GSA is 880,so very little difference.

I’m 6’1” and my XE is just fine. Twizz is 6’8” I think !!

It looks odd in that pic as BMW and Yam on main stands and their huge fairings make them look larger.

Agree with Arsey plus the Scrambler seat is a lot narrower making the 'stretch to the floor' a lot easier.

Although it's not obvious from the picture, the Yam is the easiest to 'flat foot' I'm 5.11 with a 32inch inseam

Mike

Oh ffs I've got money burning a hole in my pocket, stop it.

Go on treat yourself, it will be like chalk and cheese after the BM Scrambler and you have the best playground once your allowed out

Ah, the Bond edition.... Think I still prefer the white with the green stripe, but do like the 007 logo on the exhaust shield :D

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.u...ke&utm_medium=facebook_uk&utm_source=facebook

triumphxnttd_scrambler1200_20200255-close-1410x793.jpg

I like it, and like Bond Films, but surely you would have to be 10 year old to want anything liveried up with James Bond logos.....Mind you the paper round to pay for it would be huge, given its £18.5k

£18.5k? :eek:

The price of exclusivity.. only 250 worldwide!

Ah, the Bond edition.... Think I still prefer the white with the green stripe, but do like the 007 logo on the exhaust shield :D

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.u...ke&utm_medium=facebook_uk&utm_source=facebook

triumphxnttd_scrambler1200_20200255-close-1410x793.jpg

This is the Replica that all the dealers were told by Triumph they were not allowed to make

Guy Martin Replicas? the dealer network could make as many as they liked but making a 007 Replica was strictly forbidden for the reason you see photographed above ;)

I like that Motobobs blogs or what ever they are called. Reasonable music as well

Are these what you would call an ‘only bike’. Short local trips, longer UK trips, week long euro jollies?

yes I know you can do anything on any bike, but is it an all rounder?

Ridden up to Cairngorms today on the Scrambler, dropped of a spare seat at a guy in Livingston to get another 20mm over the stock seat to help the old knees and wanted something a little more plush.

The bike has been brilliant, loving the cruise control which is new to me on a bike and made motorway riding a doddle. The heated grips were also great, I had forgotten how much I missed then on my 100gs.

The bike will cruise all day at 70, wind protection obviously not in the same league as a Gs and may be totally rubbish in the rain but, once on the sweeping open roads it’s a great bike to have. If I had a gripe it would be the display and in the back of my mind is all the electrics it has, but I suppose that modern bikes for you.

just need to convince the missus that I need a week or so doing the Portuguese section of the TET

I have a Dart Screen - the smallest they do - makes a difference imo...

Cheers, I have a triumph high fly screen.

Back today from 1500 mile trip over 5 days and have been impressed with the bike on the whole. Triumph pannier and roll bag was more than adequate for the camping gear, cooking stuff and clothes. Bike very economical on the fuel and been all day long comfortable

Back
Top Bottom