Now with TEC mirrors

Attachments

• 11a.jpg
    11a.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 16 WITH HANDLEBAR END MIRRORS.jpg
    16 WITH HANDLEBAR END MIRRORS.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 365
Think I'm gonna go for a test on one of these - 1200 XE - just need to try as not sure as 6ft 2 It';; feel cramped.

The back end is awful but see that TEC do a nice tail tidy.

Heard lots about heat from the standard exhaust so might look into a DE-CAT set of pipes.

However the Trump brand still gives me shivers - had the first incarnation of the Explorer - think within the first 12 months of ownership it was in the workshop for about 6 of those - and after 2 years ownwership I think the tank & mirrors were the only original parts left on it!

I’ve got one, had it a year - it’s been faultless.

I’ve had one day where I noticed the heat from the cat, it was a summers day and I was stuck in heavy traffic...

I’m also 6’8” with a 36” leg... it’s roomy and I do not feel at all cramped...

I’ve taken the rubber inserts out the pegs which drops them a bit.....

Take your time setting up the suspension, I’ve got it just where I like it... great feedback but smooth enough to soak up our shit roads...

The engine power is superb for real use riding ... as in UK roads and the torque allows you to cannonball out of corners and roundabouts....

It’s a hoot to ride......

Attachments

• E473EA0B-6039-413B-8A26-FEF1150345AA.jpg
    E473EA0B-6039-413B-8A26-FEF1150345AA.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 361
Think I'm gonna go for a test on one of these - 1200 XE - just need to try as not sure as 6ft 2 It';; feel cramped.

The back end is awful but see that TEC do a nice tail tidy.

Heard lots about heat from the standard exhaust so might look into a DE-CAT set of pipes.

However the Trump brand still gives me shivers - had the first incarnation of the Explorer - think within the first 12 months of ownership it was in the workshop for about 6 of those - and after 2 years ownwership I think the tank & mirrors were the only original parts left on it!

You must have been really unlucky, I had a laugh Explorer, other than a re-call is was perfect, swopped it for an XC Explorer and perfect too. The XE is a brilliant bike as long as you except its a naked, Lots can be done to personalise them, thats part of the attraction.

I’ve been sniffing around the Super Moto builds....

Attachments

• 0DEC7CE2-4BAC-4EE3-BFAF-E6DB7DFF777E.jpg
    0DEC7CE2-4BAC-4EE3-BFAF-E6DB7DFF777E.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 323
  • B47C850C-5618-412D-B679-37B3CC82794A.jpeg
    B47C850C-5618-412D-B679-37B3CC82794A.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 319
I can feel a winter 21 plan coming on....

I’ve got one, had it a year - it’s been faultless.

I’ve had one day where I noticed the heat from the cat, it was a summers day and I was stuck in heavy traffic...

I’m also 6’8” with a 36” leg... it’s roomy and I do not feel at all cramped...

I’ve taken the rubber inserts out the pegs which drops them a bit.....

Take your time setting up the suspension, I’ve got it just where I like it... great feedback but smooth enough to soak up our shit roads...

The engine power is superb for real use riding ... as in UK roads and the torque allows you to cannonball out of corners and roundabouts....

It’s a hoot to ride......

Cheers for the info - should fit me fine then. Just being used as a Sunday sunny day kinda bike

Yeah - some good aftermarket bits out there.

One question - whats this google maps sat nav audio thingy? Does it work?

Yeah - some good aftermarket bits out there.

One question - whats this google maps sat nav audio thingy? Does it work?

It’s an optional extra - £200 ish - I don’t have it!

I took the rubber out of foot pegs too and added a inch of padding in a spare seat I had recovered. I am 6’3” and fits me well, not cramped at all

I just chopped my GS in for a Scrambler 1200 XC. It feels rather different. ;-)

I say chopped in. I got money back! :friday

I concluded the R1200R I bought in Feb 2020 worked well enough for "touring" after 2500 miles end to end and back last September.

I see Triumph have dropped the White/Green colours for the XE - offering Black instead....

Still have the Blue / Black version

yeah and a Steve McQueen edition and price increase

yeah and a Steve McQueen edition and price increase

saw that - i have always loved the White/Green but obv not as popular as the Blue/black they have retained.

See the is the green / black from the XC availible on the XE

i see on the specs they are offering better heat distribution.... wonder if thats a retro fit?

Just picked up a 2019 1200 XE Showcase :) white n green

Bigger feel to it than I thought - I'm not a small chap!

Pick up in about 3 weeks once I've moved into the new gaff.

Right then - lets look at some toys to put on - TEC tail tidy number one on the list!

saw that - i have always loved the White/Green but obv not as popular as the Blue/black they have retained.

See the is the green / black from the XC availible on the XE

i see on the specs they are offering better heat distribution.... wonder if thats a retro fit?

I prefer the white/green by a country mile too :thumb2

Re the heat, won’t a quick de-cat sort that for good?

Andres

I prefer the white/green by a country mile too :thumb2

Re the heat, won’t a quick de-cat sort that for good?

Andres

Yes, it’s a toss up between a de cat or keep the stock exhaust and buy headers.....I may watch out for a stock set and get them de catted...

I try and keep my changes reversible were possible....

Back
Top Bottom