Scrambler 1200 - It's good that init

That's the makings of a good long distance go anywhere bike. Luggage, screen, centre stand. Add a tank bag and you're away. For me maybe a slightly larger screen for some weather protection, ideally adjustable, maybe extended fuel range. Nice looking option.

Anyone been a long trip on one ?

Edit: can you put soft panniers on it with a proper frame or is the exhaust too hot and close? Maybe a heat proof plate on the frame?

Not sure you could call mine long trips, but had 10 days in Scotland in 2020 & then 10 days in Ireland last year and will hopefully be going to the Dolomites this year. I have found it is more than enough bike. Most have us have done the GS with massive ali panniers, roll bag, tank bag and top box full to the brim and use next to nothing, I find my Srambler makes me take less and my holidays are all the better for it, not having to keep packing & repacking.

If you look on Adv rider there is loads of stuff on pannier set ups. Some do use soft bags either side with a giat loop or similar exhaust protecter strapped to each exhaust, Metal Mule do metal frames and Unit garage do metal frames and panniers, there is also a company in Chile that the Yanks seem to buy. I did enquire on the Metal Mules, but then decided I was happy with my set up.

Are you interested in a Srambler? I am thinking about selling mine as I want to try find a Dunkel Blue G/S

Attachments

• scram xe.jpg
    scram xe.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 336
From the post i quoted that's the XE I assume. I suspect I'd be looking at the C but need test rides first. So, not sure but tempted!

Scram 1200

Had a good ride out on mine XE on Friday, it’s a brilliant bike for hooting about.

Put the original indicators on for JB & Fritz as well ��

Attachments

• DEEB259F-9009-415E-9187-B566E04911E4.jpg
    DEEB259F-9009-415E-9187-B566E04911E4.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 1E3ACFBE-B85B-4D31-8483-0F479F17EF03.jpg
    1E3ACFBE-B85B-4D31-8483-0F479F17EF03.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 200
Had a good ride out on mine XE on Friday, it’s a brilliant bike for hooting about.

Put the original indicators on for JB & Fritz as well

Those indicators look better

Is the keyless behaving now too….

Remember to turn the key off - hold the Triumph button down till it flips red.

Otherwise it eats batteries

Key batteries that is

Those indicators look better

Is the keyless behaving now too….

Still a faff the key fob, Triumph tried to fix something that did not need fixing.

Twizzle going to tempt fate now and say in the 2,5years of ownership not had to change key fob, it works as it should, I just don’t like the way it works. It is a good bike and a lot of fun to ride, it’s not perfect but great for knocking around on and looks good.

Still a faff the key fob, Triumph tried to fix something that did not need fixing.

Twizzle going to tempt fate now and say in the 2,5years of ownership not had to change key fob, it works as it should, I just don’t like the way it works. It is a good bike and a lot of fun to ride, it’s not perfect but great for knocking around on and looks good.

As we said at Elan Visitor centre - a key is all you need

Lovely bike though

Took a Street Scrambler out the other week.....great little bike with a punchy engine but a bit small for me and I recon I would get bored on it within a week. Now the 1200....that a whole different kettle of fish! Stonking engine, great looks, and a great sound.
It will fit in nicely beside the GSA and HD Low Rider S. Just wonder if the wife will mind?!

Well the plan almost worked........Scrambler XE not sits beside the HD, but the GSA is gone. Gonna miss her, but it was too big for my needs really and not doinn the big milage i used to.

The Scram tho.....shite weather at the moment, but i think were gonna have fun!

Back
Top Bottom