GS 911

Deleted account 210312001

Reaction score
Anyone have a GS911 in Cumbria who maybe willing to see if they can reset the ESA on my 2010 GS? or anyone a little closer!

Thank you
Benson

Just bought a brand new one (was looking on here for a 2nd hand one). I am at the other end of Cumbria tho (Silverdale).
Not used it yet! Waiting for the adaptor cable to reset the service light on my F650GS. Not yet got around to plugging it into my R1200GS LC either...
Will it use a VIN "life" for me to look at your ESA?

I will be about to use it (with the TPMS reset tool) as I'll be changing wheels as soon as lock-down permits :)

Just bought a brand new one (was looking on here for a 2nd hand one). I am at the other end of Cumbria tho (Silverdale).
Not used it yet! Waiting for the adaptor cable to reset the service light on my F650GS. Not yet got around to plugging it into my R1200GS LC either...

I will be about to use it (with the TPMS reset tool) as I'll be changing wheels as soon as lock-down permits :)

You would need to input his VIN and therefore, "lose a life" to re-calibrate the ESA.

Thanks UturnTony!
Benson - see how this goes - You may find someone with the "Professional" version who would not "lose a life", if not, post-lockdown I am sure we can find some way to help.

Anyone have a GS911 in Cumbria who maybe willing to see if they can reset the ESA on my 2010 GS? or anyone a little closer!

Thank you
Benson

Do a search in the for sale section , there may be one in there

Ifi recall the version for the LC is wifi, the one for the hexhead is Bluetooth

you cant use on on tother :(

Ifi recall the version for the LC is wifi, the one for the hexhead is Bluetooth

you cant use on on tother :(

I bought the adapter cable which I believe makes them "backward compatible"....So says the GS-911 website...I hope! :)

Hi Martin, thanks you for the reply sorry I haven't been in touch I'm not to sure what's wrong with the bike I just want too see if a reset on the computer would help sort it.or if the shock needs a rebuild

if you can help that would be great thank you. even if you can plug it in and see if there is a fault. it is 2010 bike.

Just to let you know - I have had the rear shock rebuilt by Lukas on the forum and what a difference - still on with finding time to get esa reset.! but it is on the list

Reading fault codes does not loose a life.

I dont think clearing them does either (but you'd need to check that part)

Just to let you know - I have had the rear shock rebuilt by Lukas on the forum and what a difference - still on with finding time to get esa reset.! but it is on the list

An ‘esa reset’ is called a calibration on the GS911. It winds the suspension through 100% of its preload range and then reestablishes where the 10% (1 helmet) 50% (1 helmet+luggage) and 90% (2 helmets) positions are for the rear and for the front where the 10% (everything except off road) 50% (small mountains) and 90% (high mountains) positions are. I don’t think it does anything for the damping settings. It’s only really needed if the bike has completely lost those preload settings somehow. If your bike rises and falls by approximately the right amount as you cycle through the settings then a calibration probably won’t make much difference.

Reading fault codes does not loose a life.

I dont think clearing them does either (but you'd need to check that part)

I think you'll find it automatically reads the VIN as soon as it's plugged in - one down, nine to go...

Back
Top Bottom