Tyre changing and repair by Lyndon Poskitt

Andi_archer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought this was quite good introduction to tyre changing and repair that might be useful to those who are more hands on.

Thanks Andi - there are a couple of things there, that will definitely help my technique. Good stuff.

Best to pump up the old inner tube and check where the leak is before fitting the new tube.

I would agree for racing where its shit or bust but for normal riding. In this case what caused the puncture, snake bite, valve , sidewall abrasion. If you have no root cause and you bung a tube in what’s stopping it happening again.

I thought it was going to cover tubeless tyres.

Other than busting the bead, its just fixing a pushbike puncture, which i guess isn't beyond most of us

Best to pump up the old inner tube and check where the leak is before fitting the new tube.

I agree - whatever the circumstances, finding the hole then using its location to find the sometimes very hard to find thorn, or shard of glass, is a huge time saver if it saves you from a second flat.

I didn't have the sound on but did he say anything about covering the repair with chalk dust? If not when he comes to unfold the old tube he might well find it's stuck itself together.

Good video. Picked up a couple of good tips from that.

Great Video , very thorough and a few good tips there . Having done a few in 40 odd degree C in Cambodia I wish I'd seen this years ago !

Back
Top Bottom