Motorcycle Scotland website

Wapping

Reaction score
I came across this website, when I was actually looking for things around Northumberland.

https://www.motorcyclescotland.com/

Hopefully it has some useful ideas or it’s been a waste of someone’s time going to the trouble of creating the Scottish site. News and views welcome, as always.

It gives some interesting routes and accommodation to use, in different areas of Scotland.

I suppose, the nearest description I could give would be a Scottish Motorcycle Tourist Board.

Hopefully, it expands to include other motorcycle relevant matters too.

I can highly commend The Motorcyclist's Guide to Scotland, by J. G. Fergusson

isbn 978-1-9996357-0-1

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thank you. From a quick look it seemed to be pretty well put together. But looks alone can be deceptive. Thanks as well for the tip on the book, it gets good reviews. I guess they can't all be wrong or fake.

Think it's mainly from the guys at Buccleuch Arms Hotel, Moffat - having stayed there last year & were booked in this year (last weekend but owing to a certain wee bug....grrr) well worth a visit if you haven't been, top set of guys, private parking, bar & along with several other watering holes in the town ya don't need much more!!

Think it's mainly from the guys at Buccleuch Arms Hotel, Moffat - having stayed there last year & were booked in this year (last weekend but owing to a certain wee bug....grrr) well worth a visit if you haven't been, top set of guys, private parking, bar & along with several other watering holes in the town ya don't need much more!!

They also provide loads of great local road routes.

It is indeed the Smith family, who go out of their way to be motorcycle friendly.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The Buccleuch Arms in Moffat is a superb place to stay. We use this as a stop off base enroute to the highlands, and also for a long weekend when we ride in the borders .

The Author of the Motorcyclist's Guide to Scotland, book mentioned above , J. G. Fergusson is also a Moffat resident.

Another handy site is www.schottlandfieber.de Ok, it's meant for German tourists but it's very comprehensive and contains a lot of very useful info which can be obtained regardless of language. It contains info which I have never seen on English language sites and books, never mind a German site!

Ok, it's meant for German tourists but it's very comprehensive and contains a lot of very useful info which can be obtained regardless of language. It contains info which I have never seen on English language sites and books, never mind a German site!

Touren mit dudelsack

Another handy site is www.schottlandfieber.de Ok, it's meant for German tourists but it's very comprehensive and contains a lot of very useful info which can be obtained regardless of language. It contains info which I have never seen on English language sites and books, never mind a German site!

Maybe the best bit of info that site should have is stay the fek away from Edinburgh and East lothian cos of the amount of bike thefts that happen there ...

Hmm ..theres shit loads more stuff to see n do n stay in D&G plus lots more petrol stations ..needs updated

The old, "You've missed the best bits"...... Update away.... Nobody will mind

Maybe the best bit of info that site should have is stay the fek away from Edinburgh and East lothian cos of the amount of bike thefts that happen there ...

Leaving the advice to miss out Scotland’s capital city to one side, it would be great to hear your suggestions for really good alternatives, righting the glaring errors made in the website. But hey, if you want to keep them secret....

On the strength of UKGSer, I have bought the book.

I bought a copy a while back, good book and some good road combinations.

Generally, the most popular areas are north and west. The under rated areas are the Borders and the North East (between Aberdeen, Aviemore and Inverness). Avoid the bigger towns, find the smaller roads and you'll enjoy.

I bought a copy a while back, good book and some good road combinations.

Generally, the most popular areas are north and west. The under rated areas are the Borders and the North East (between Aberdeen, Aviemore and Inverness). Avoid the bigger towns, find the smaller roads and you'll enjoy.

Thank you. What you say confirms what I have read elsewhere. Every book, website and even this forum I have looked at before all but ignore (or run down) anything that is not west coast or the islands. I liken it to norther and eastern Germany, an almost total lack of acknowledgement that they even exist. If nothing else, Fergusson’s book does show that there is something more, too.

Back
Top Bottom