The Motorcyclist's Guide to Scotland book - J.G. Fergusson

Wapping thanks ever so much for taking the time to put all the routes on here, I have them now to compliment the book, Cheers

'One throw away tip I found useful - never, ever, ever update your device with new maps or software the day before you travel'.

Yes, I can not even begin to emphasize just how much anguish this once caused me! :rob

Bought the book...going for a short trip of 5 days in 2 weeks and have a week booked for June 2021
Thank you Wapping for the effort in creating the gpx files
I will let you know how I get on in a few weeks :thumb

Whom ever interested, I’ve found this playlist that has tracks recommended within the book.

Spotify link,click here.

This is a great book and I have found it invaluable in planning at NC500 route, especially the route up to Inverness from Moffat where we are staying the night before. That said, I may change that booking and get the M74 out of the way and stay nearer Glasgow. In any event, the idea of skipping Loch Lomond and taking the road to Faslane sounds great.

This is a great book and I have found it invaluable in planning at NC500 route, especially the route up to Inverness from Moffat where we are staying the night before. That said, I may change that booking and get the M74 out of the way and stay nearer Glasgow. In any event, the idea of skipping Loch Lomond and taking the road to Faslane sounds great.
If you’re doing Moffat to Inverness I’d recommend going up via the Cairngorms. Absolutely brilliant roads and only about two miles of motorway and dual carriageway the route I took

I should get around to doing what someone in the thread has done, transferring the routes into MyRoute.

Last edited:
If you’re doing Moffat to Inverness I’d recommend going up via the Cairngorms. Absolutely brilliant roads and only about two miles of motorway and dual carriageway the route I took

We are coming back that way. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

No problem.

Creating them in BaseCamp was not so difficult once I got into the swing of churning through them and avoided getting distracted by the internet, when looking bits up. I did share the GPX files with the author, suggesting that a second publication of the book could include them.

Back
Top Bottom