Zumo xt mounts faulty

Thanks for the information, how do we know if our mount is faulty, bearing in mind none of us are doing much riding at the moment?

The link you posted takes you to the purchase section of the web site to buy another mount.

Last edited:
Thanks. My box says 010-002296-10.
Where is the recall communication?
The link leads to support FAQ and contact.

It's on the the back of the unit - underneath "Made in Taiwan"

Before Serial Number 670004316 may have the problem.

Problem units are loose in the mount.

I don't know of a recall - only an exchange if you have a problem one.

No, I mean where is the note from Garmin saying that the mounts are faulty and that they are recalling them?
I can't find anything.

Incredibly, I was able to locate a serial number on a box so far :D :D :D

Just had a web chat with Garmin, and she said they don’t have any mounts available. :blast

She advised going back to the shop I bought it from, to replace the whole lot. :blast

the box the unit came in has the part number on it

Thank you, my mount came in a plastic bag in the box with the XT unit, so no separate part number. I will wait & see what develops.

Part no. 010-02296-10 is the part no. for the complete XT unit, that is what threw me when you referred to the box!

Last edited:
This is the email they sent

Attachments

• CDDDAC98-B0C3-481D-84EC-4034037344D2.jpg
    CDDDAC98-B0C3-481D-84EC-4034037344D2.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 622
Weird, I didn't get the email and I registered the device.

It makes more sense though. I misread D#head's original message and assumed was the interval of the affected batches of zumos :D Sorry!
Mine is quite tight on the mount (that's what she said).

Will contact them, thanks.

I’ve gone into the garage and had a look at my mount, and there is a bit of a wiggle. With no mounts available from Garmin, I just hope it doesn’t fall out of the mount while riding, in the meantime.

I spoke to Garmin via web chat this morning. They requested that I e-mail them with my purchase receipt (which I've done) so they can send one out when they have stock.

Tested my unit in the mount - there is a tiny movement (0.5 - 1mm) but the unit stays firmly on the mount.

Also spoke to Infinity (from whom I purchased the XT) and they've also got me on their list to contact.

Chatted with them earlier.
They checked the serial number of my unit only.

Confirmed my address and the parts are going to be mailed in a few days.
Can't complain.

When i spoke to garmin they said, the unit will sit ok in the cradle, its when it gets warm in the sun it could become loose, one part No. Is for the full zumo xt kit, the orther part No. Is for the spare cradle you can order separately,
I got a email from garmin, then clicked on the link, I had to then click on the cradle link, that will take you to the message explaining the problem.

I also used the web chat option, just gave the unit serial number, name address etc replacements due in with garmin 25th June and they will send out then.

That's good news; I've found out that the order that was placed last week following my web chat with Garmin hadn't been actioned, so another has been raised today....which has been placed :rolleyes:

Yeah, mine arrived today too.

mountxt.jpg

Thanks again for the heads up.

I fitted my mount yesterday, and noticed that unless you give the unit a slight thump into the mount, you don’t get the satisfying ‘click’ when it snaps in. Anyone else found the same, with the new mounts?

Back
Top Bottom