Looking For An Event Organiser For 2021.

Madmountainman

Reaction score
With Covid 19 keeping us at home, i've been perusing my maps and looking at places to go camping next year. I'd like to spend some time in The Peak District and T'Dales, hiking, mountain biking and riding the GS.
I have spotted a good looking pub with a campsite that I fully intend to visit, but am putting out on your local forum to see if anyone would be interested in approaching the site and organising an event for the GS Mob.
It's The Waterloo Inn at Biggin.

With Covid 19 keeping us at home, i've been perusing my maps and looking at places to go camping next year. I'd like to spend some time in The Peak District and T'Dales, hiking, mountain biking and riding the GS.
I have spotted a good looking pub with a campsite that I fully intend to visit, but am putting out on your local forum to see if anyone would be interested in approaching the site and organising an event for the GS Mob.
It's The Waterloo Inn at Biggin.

I don't know about organising an event there Rich ... I've got my hands full with Dent :D

But it looks a lovely place and I've bookmarked it for future use for myself :thumby:

:beerjug:

Happy to see you've got next years dates up already Micky. Makes it easy for me to get time off applied for.
It's a bit sad to see little interest in the various regions in regard to looking at locations for events. If you start by organising a place suitable to meet, people will come and you don't need to do anything else. If it proves popular, it''l develop naturally. I'm glad I found this site, as i've got some mountain biking planned around the Monsal Viaduct, so it'll be a good spot to base myself for some rideouts, both on the mtb and the GS. I'll let you know if i'm booking in next year, in case you fancy dropping by for a pint with some company.

Happy to see you've got next years dates up already Micky. Makes it easy for me to get time off applied for.
It's a bit sad to see little interest in the various regions in regard to looking at locations for events. If you start by organising a place suitable to meet, people will come and you don't need to do anything else. If it proves popular, it''l develop naturally. I'm glad I found this site, as i've got some mountain biking planned around the Monsal Viaduct, so it'll be a good spot to base myself for some rideouts, both on the mtb and the GS. I'll let you know if i'm booking in next year, in case you fancy dropping by for a pint with some company.

That would be good Rich ... maybe see you there next year :beerjug:

Don't forget the Strontian Weekend in September if you can make it, if it's on :thumby:

:beerjug:

If you’re interested in planning something close to home, say another Devon event, I know a few on here that would be up for it. ;)

Looks good Rich.:thumb2
It would be a nice run over the Cat & Fiddle for me.:)

When I know the pub's open again, i'll arrange a visit with my mountain bike, recce the site and see if anyone wishes to pop by for a pint. Regards Devon, I will run another Axmouth in 2021, as it looks highly unlikely any camp sites will be open before July.

That's a nice pub. We had my bro-in-law's 60th birthday do there.

Might be a bit posh for me for camping..... this was my campsite this weekend just gone.

Attachments

• Suffolk sibbing-0197.web.jpg
    Suffolk sibbing-0197.web.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 335
Went and had a look around for this yesterday. Ideas:

Couple of camping sites at Hulme end. Good facilities for geriatrics -- one was rammed.

A less 'manicured' campsite towards Biggin Dale, but not in Biggin.

I think the focus should be on where people want to explore, then find a campsite near.

This is a decent little site in the shadow of Stanage edge; plenty of good walks; or climbs; not too far from Ladybower; over the tops; and Hathersage a good non rd walk . Stopped here with the Grandkids a few times; and as a young teenager with mates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-202802.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-202802.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_20200730-202840.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-202840.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20200730-202830.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-202830.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 275
This is a decent little site in the shadow of Stanage edge; plenty of good walks; or climbs; not too far from Ladybower; over the tops; and Hathersage a good non rd walk . Stopped here with the Grandkids a few times; and as a young teenager with mates.

Do people want to go climbing/walking or riding some different roads and exploring some of the hidden back lanes?

Do people want to go climbing/walking or riding some different roads and exploring some of the hidden back lanes?

The walking and climbing bit is a no' no for me; both knees bolloxed have put the boot into that; but i must say; i spend a few hours trundling around the back lanes on the GS when the mood takes. I was out over the Strines a couple of times trying to get a glimpse of that Bearded Vulture without much success; although others i spoke to have seen it; they put in alot more time and effort than i did it seems. The bike is recognisable and i'am usually dodging around in the area at the weekends; if we bump into each other anytime; the brew is on me. As it happens i've seen the vulture in the mountains of southern spain along time ago ; down near Montajaqe mountain village; like all the best things; we were down that way for the racing; and the vulture found us so to speak.:beerjug:

Road riding for me - never really gone off road.

Back lanes, with tarmac on them.... but you will find some that possibly haven't had wheels down them for days....grass growing up the middle. Little hidden gems that the boy racers never see becaus they only take the boring main roads!

Would people like me to try to organise something next year... would need dates that don't clash with anything else.

Depending on what is happening in this current world - I would be up for it.
Date wise ... as a starter for ten just make sure it does not clash with anything in the UKGSer Events section although I appreciate that this will probably be a local event rather than national.

Joe

Resurrection time!

2021 came and went, sort of.... shall we try for something next year? Happy to be the catalyst.

Dates need to be agreed for me to work around.

Back
Top Bottom