It’s on....!

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Welcome to yet another UKGSer weekend away in the Leenane Hotel in beautiful Leenane, Co Galway, Sept 4th - 6th 2020

Our government has recently issued their “roadmap to exit lockdown” and from July 20th hotels are allowed to open on a limited basis with suitable cleaning / distancing & from August 10th bars / pubs may open, subject to the same constraints. I’ve spoken to the hotel & they’re prepared for us but they’re currently not sure at what level they’ll be able to take us in. So get your booking in early

BUT : I’ve no idea when ‘foreigners’ will be allowed back into the country so if you’re coming from across the pond you book ferries at your own risk

The rate for two nights B&B and dinner on both the Friday and Saturday is once again a lowly €115pps, phenomenally good value. Cost for a single, if you snore & can’t get anybody to share with you, is €145

You'll need to book the hotel yourselves - 095 42249 or info@leenanehotel.com and mention "UKGSer Weekend"
But, being the west of Ireland, don't panic if you don’t get confirmation within 5 minutes :rolleyes: They’re currently closed, as you’d expect, but Agnes is checking email every couple of days

Same format as usual - arrive Friday evening for grub & a few soft drinks, a ride out on the Saturday followed by a sit down dinner and then youse can all bugger off home on the Sunday

Have a look at a previous years’ video from Jaws100 to get a bit of a flavour of the event & the area :thumb -
Alternatively have a look through past events to see & hear how people got on....

There's some awesome biking roads around the area so even if you don't fancy the group ride-out there's plenty to see & do.
And if your favorite pillion doesn't fancy being on the bike all day there's seaweed baths at the hotel, a cruise on Killary harbour, shopping in Clifden as well as Connemara National Park & Kylemore Abbey within easy reach. There's also historic Westport for those who like something peaceful or The Wild Atlantic Way for something, em, a bit wilder….

If you've never been to the area, or indeed Ireland, before why not take a couple of extra days for a bit of a tour around ? We’d be happy to provide recommendations of roads to ride & places to see.

Post on this thread when you've booked & I'll add your name to the 'attendance list' :bounce1:bounce1

I’ll finish with this photo from Younger06 :thumb
d7f507313df6b97b611dfe21bdcf3d05.jpg

So, what are youse waiting for ? :aidan

:beerjug: Gonna book a room in the morning. I put in for two weeks holidays for that fortnight on Friday. Thanks horse:thumb

I can't remember whether that was a OnePlus or a HTC......but it turned out super for a bloody camera phone (if I may say so myself)

from my G8 ThinQ

Grand, let me know when you have confirmation & I'll add youse to the 'attendees' list
Actually, there is no list yet so youse'll be the first ;)

It's on the "maybe" list in the diary. We'll see what happens re us foreigners.

Email sent - just waiting on confirmation back from Agnes. Woohoo!! Road trip!! All going well, it'll go something like this...

:beerjug: :blagblah :beer: :thumb2

...with a bit of biking thrown in for good measure! :p

I am booked as well Jochen.

Thanks again for organising again.

It was on my To Do list for 2020 to do a good section of the Wild Atlantic Way from Galway up to Londonderry, over 5-7 days.
Already done a good proportion but never got into the NE corner due to illness.
But as Posh Pete says "maybe..."

Depends on the road map from jimmy crankie

if we get the ok for September then it's Strontian :thumb2

if they still dont like us, then it may be a an adventure into another country ;) :aidan

Attendees list up & running now. All those 'confirmed' have been added
Agnes was answering mails this morning so some of youse might get confirmations today

Sorry Jochen....forgot to get back to you.

Myself and Mrs younger06 booked in.

Mr johnny foreigner here Ive done a good deal and got one of the sea weed bath rooms so I'm coming over. :friday

Email sent - just waiting on confirmation back from Agnes. Woohoo!! Road trip!! All going well, it'll go something like this...

:beerjug: :blagblah :beer: :thumb2

...with a bit of biking thrown in for good measure! :p

Reply with confirmation received from Agnes this morning so all good to go!

Back
Top Bottom