It’s on....!

Best wishes to all for a great weekend! Weather looks good, possibly no rain left up above....

905adc3ceba3d01c4e0968272ba15fc7.jpg

View from the hotel at 7 a.m.

Have a fantastic weekend, I'll miss it going this year. :(

Blessed are those who......

Attachments

• DSC_1157.jpg
    DSC_1157.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 234
Fantastic weekend again. Many thanks Jochen for organising it. Can’t believe I am home already....

Great couple of days, 520 total miles, a couple of gallons of Guinness, a few nice meals, great company, thanks a lot to the organisers , roll on the next one.

Tom Fall Off.

My colleague Tom Wright (on Pan European) and I had intended to go to Clifden/Kylemore today (Sunday);
Tom had a sore back. He has vertabrae damage from 10 years ago.
This being so, today's trip was abandoned, and he decided to go home.
5km south of Westport, he fell off.
I was riding at 85/90km/hr around 300 metres in front of him, so did not see what happened.
Road damp, grip good, no diesel, bend gentle.
I saw he was missing in my rear view mirrors, so stopped at Conway's garage to wait for him. No Tom, so rode back and found him lying unconcious on the white line with bike in ditch.
Garda, Amublance, road closed for 1 hour.
After around 10 mins, I got responses out of him, and he gradually recovered conciousness.
Into ambulance.
30 mins later this lunatic gets out of the ambulance and says he is going to ride on home.
The mad bastard was in shock, and the adrenalin was keeping him running in fulll lunatic mode.
Bike practically undamaged.
Neither I, Medics or Garda could disuade the man.
I took him into Convery's garage for an hour, and he drank a coffee.
Calmed a little, but insisted he was fit to go.
So, I accompanied him to M1 to Belfast. Will post more later.
(He had drunk a total of 1 pint of Guiness the previous night and was in bed by 9.30.)
Myke

Tom is now home.

Safe, sound and very sore now that shock and adrenalin have worn off.
His beloved Eve is monitoring him carefully for the next 12 hours.
All is well.

Safe, sound and very sore now that shock and adrenalin have worn off.
His beloved Eve is monitoring him carefully for the next 12 hours.
All is well.

Good to hear - you may be a little shocked yourself after such a day - we were talking about not bouncing so well with the accumulating years but Tom appears to have bounced back rather quickly!

Good to hear - you may be a little shocked yourself after such a day - we were talking about not bouncing so well with the accumulating years but Tom appears to have bounced back rather quickly!
Actually, you bounce just as well, but the recovery takes considerably longer!

Tom phoned me this morning (Monday)

Says he feel great this morning.
Was in extreme discomfort last night.
He has already had the Garda who was on site yesterday phone him to enquire after his health.
Tom was a little out of it to say the least yesterday.
He only realised this morning that he had been unconcious for over 15 minutes.
Remembers nothing of the incident whatsoever. Has has come to the conclusion that he took too many painkillers and fell asleep.

A cautionary message to us all.

it has to be said:
I cannot be too complmetary to the Garda and medics who arrived on the scene.
It would not have been possible for them to be more helpful or nice to everyone concerned, and I publicly thank them all for what they did.

A word of thanks also to Patrick Winters who arrived on site shortly after the incident and took great care of both myself and Tom.

Myke

Glad to hear Tom is ok today.

What a great weekend, it was my first time on a UKGSer event but will not be my last! Looking forward to next year already!

Good to hear Tom is feeling better. Fair play to all involved in helping him out.

And thanks to Jochen and co for yet another fantastic weekend - they just keep getting better and better! :p:thumb2;)

Fab weekend. Some how I did 1200 Km since setting off on Friday. The weather was kind and I had great chats. Thankyou!!!!

How’s Tom?

Decided Sunday afternoon was a good day to go biking, so left Newry and headed to Belfast/Bangor. Took the Co. Down coast road and called with Tom & Eve.
He is limping very slightly and black and blue from shoulder to ankle on his right hand side.
Since, like myself, he is circa 73, the bruising will be slow to heal.
Still mad as a March hare, and in very good form. He has now decided on the same course of action as I made earlier in the year: thus, the bike (in his case Pan European) is getting heavier every year, and it's time to change for something lighter.
He spent an hour on my X-ADV, bought because it was in the showroom with circa 800km on it, and thinks probably an NC750-X DCT might be an easy to ride bike.
After I left him, I rode on down the coast to Portaferry, crossed on it, and on to visit another biker friend, Phil Lunney in Ballyhornan, before heading for home.
Nice day out.

Back
Top Bottom