Scottish tourism sites

Indeed.

I’ve managed to get 4 weeks off again, long trip cancelled twice now blast.

Ball park plan is to do England first, start at Severn Road Bridge going Anticlockwise.

Hopefully within 2 weeks leisure travel will be allowed all over UK so will re plan accordingly.

The one thing I will do is respect the guidance given by the authorities, unlike all the newly qualified virologists on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at Scotland (and Ireland) the more I see that it as to offer. With France a no-go zone, it's northwards to which to set the sights on the sites.

I don't know what Skye will be like after all this, but it was hoaching prior to virus.
Would maybe stick more on the mainland for a while till this blows over. West, certainly, depending on weather forecasts. You won't get the same idyllic conditions as you would expect from over the channel. :D

Also see -

www.scotland-inverness.co.uk>castles

scotlandsbestbnbs.co.uk>castles

celticcastles.com

aboutscotland.co.uk>castles

Buchan and the North East around and above Aberdeen is a good place to ride, we have been there once and the scenery of some of the places are very great.

Very quickly becoming my favourite is exploring the islands. Mull for me is magnificent but an nightmare in summer with all single track roads, but others like Harris/Lewis etc are just ace to toddle round.

If I was nearer to these, I’d would definetly be exploring on the islands.

Leaving for Scotland to day as it is, first night in Crieff, then up through the carnigorms tomorrow, onto the 500. It even looks like we might get some nice weather 🙏. So glad I didn’t choose the picos. Europe is a no go area for us this year

Leaving for Scotland to day as it is, first night in Crieff, then up through the carnigorms tomorrow, onto the 500. It even looks like we might get some nice weather ��. So glad I didn’t choose the picos. Europe is a no go area for us this year

In 10 days or so I will be camping in Barra. As there is no tesco on the island, I don't expect to see any of you lot there!

Leaving for Scotland to day as it is, first night in Crieff, then up through the carnigorms tomorrow, onto the 500. It even looks like we might get some nice weather ��. So glad I didn’t choose the picos. Europe is a no go area for us this year

I am also heading north today on route to a NC500 lite type version, staying just north of Inverness for a few days and travelling out and back each day so if you see a Tenere 700 along with a tri colour AF then it's likely to be us.

In 10 days or so I will be camping in Barra. As there is no tesco on the island, I don't expect to see any of you lot there!

The campsite at Borve gives fantastic sunset views. Head for Vatersay for a walk along one of the finest beaches in the Hebrides and that means anywhere. They've upgraded the community hall on Vatersay and you should be able to wild camp nearby. (Dependent on the place not being overrun by campervans!). There's a memorial to a crashed Catalina's crew also which is worth a look.

The campsite at Borve gives fantastic sunset views. Head for Vatersay for a walk along one of the finest beaches in the Hebrides and that means anywhere. They've upgraded the community hall on Vatersay and you should be able to wild camp nearby. (Dependent on the place not being overrun by campervans!). There's a memorial to a crashed Catalina's crew also which is worth a look.

I'm booked in to the Borve campsite from Tuesday 4th August. We'll be wild camping in the Uists, Harris and Lewis in the days following....

Well, when I say 'camping', we'll have a 7.5m motorhome... ;)

Greg, be interested in hearing how the campsites are on your travels, thinking of heading north early September, will probably stay on the mainland but hoping the area and the occasional stays on campsites sites won’t be as rammed as they are down this way.

Al.

Greg, be interested in hearing how the campsites are on your travels, thinking of heading north early September, will probably stay on the mainland but hoping the area and the occasional stays on campsites sites won’t be as rammed as they are down this way.

Al.

We have a 10-night trip for which I have booked just 3 nights in campsites.

A number of campsites/restaurants/hotels etc are closed for the season. This includes, for example, the Reef Beach campsite in Lewis and the Borve House Hotel on Barra.

A couple of places I enquired about said that their shower blocks would be closed.

On the plus side, I did manage to get a booking at the Applecross campsite.

I'm booked in to the Borve campsite from Tuesday 4th August. We'll be wild camping in the Uists, Harris and Lewis in the days following....

Well, when I say 'camping', we'll have a 7.5m motorhome... ;)

Spawn of Satan!!!!!! :D

Leave the camper at Borve and cycle over to Vatersay. :thumb2

Currently in the Trossachs but it looks like Barra and Vatersay won't happen as our CalMac ferry from Mallaig to South Uist booked for tomorrow has been cancelled.

Currently in the Trossachs but it looks like Barra and Vatersay won't happen as our CalMac ferry from Mallaig to South Uist booked for tomorrow has been cancelled.

The locals call that ferry the olympic torch....never goes out! Must be the most unreliable crossing in all of Calmac!

Back
Top Bottom