Boot advice please

I love my Daytonas boots. Yes expensive but I purchased mine used on here.

They are only proper boot I will buy. I am a customer for life.

They are expensive but ask your self why?

If you spend 400 pound you will easily get 10 years if looked after with sensible mileage.

That is 40 pounds a year. Not so expensive now...

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

To answer the question of which bike now it’s a Duke 390 that I bought 8 months ago to get back into bikes after being away for 15 years. I used to ride performance sports bikes back then so my kit is all wrong or just to old. I have replaced most of it now as for gloves you can’t go far wrong plain black and comfortable mind you you are correct I am looking for some new ones as for socks just bought some full length RST they are pretty good.
Thanks

I was out today and my RST Adventure2 boots bought last may (2019) and both boots have cracked and started leaking

Sidi adventure boots are great. I have had mine nearly 7 years and probably getting on for 50,000+ miles . Still waterproof and scrub up great. But they are a narrow fit across the toes. So much so I eventually gave up on them and gave them to my son 12months ago as I really couldn’t walk more than about 50 yards in them. The soles wear out quite quick - even with my limited walking - and the plastic hinges squeak against the leather.

I made a trip down to Motolegends (on my way to Goodwood) as they have a good range of non-mainstream boots and ended up with a pair of Stylmartin boots. Very wide fitting and softened up to be supremely comfy. But not really recommended as they started leaking and have been replaced, other than that I like them a lot.

Quoting my own post but.... the replacement Stylmartin boots started leaking within a few weeks of getting them so back they went again. They got replaced with a pair of Daytona Road Stars with Motolegends paying for the cost difference. Wow, just wow. Super comfy, warm (too warm possibly for summer) and look to be very well made - should be at the price. Tested a couple of times in heavy rain and bone dry. I see why everyone raves about Daytona’s now.

go for ease of use. I have the spirit (but its the predecessor- no idea anymore what they are called) Sometimes the exact same boot is called something different due to a different dealer selling it/or it being stock of old sizes or just a slightly different grade of leather. This according to MotoLegends when I asked. I had this problem with daytona when I tried to order a direct replacement last year. I have the boots with inside zip only as getting to the outside and inside zip made me stretch too much! I found a zip on the inner calf was easier to do up. HTH? https://motorbikeclothingshop.co.uk/products/boots/daytona-spirit-pro-gtx-boots-black/

Just bought some Sidi Adventure 2 Gore Tex boots from Infinity. £259. Very comfy straight away and surprisingly not as stiff as I thought they’d be.
I normally take a 45 size but had to get a 46. The 45’s were quite tight across the toe area but perfect at the heel. The 46’s were perfect at the toes but loose ish at the heel. After a bit of fiddling about with the adjusters they seemed to tighten up a bit. After they’ve softened up a bit I reckon with a bit more adjustment they’ll be perfect. Still a bit of room for heated insoles / socks if needed. :thumb2

Highly recommended, stylish and functional :D

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 102

Back
Top Bottom