Boot advice please

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking for some new boots and have seen a couple of pairs I like has anyone got a pair or got any other recommendations. My current boots are mid length sport orientated but I’m looking more a full length but am still willing to look at mid length.
The boots are RST adventure II £120 and TCX Baja at £250, there’s a big price difference.
Thanks in advance.

If you are prepared to spend the money and want adventure type boots then look no further than Sid Adventures
If you want a brilliant all round boot and are prepared to spend even more then Daytona are the way to go they even do a nice adventure boot at a price

If you want a brilliant all round boot and are prepared to spend even more then Daytona are the way to go they even do a nice adventure boot at a price
What he said :thumb
Daytona’s are the only boot I’ve found that really are waterproof. And stay waterproof !
Definitely not cheap but cheaper than the total of all the non-waterproof boots I’ve bought over the years :rob
Also very comfortable without much breaking in. But you need to try them on, I found I took a smaller size than in any of my other boots
I haven’t needed it yet but apparently their back-up service is brilliant too

+1 for the Sidi Adventures. I recently saw them on sale for £240. Best boots ive owned anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Daytona are a bit more then I wanted to pay but the Sidi look good I can’t find a height anywhere does anyone know?
They are only ever going to be worn on road and just for ride outs no touring.
Thanks

Just bought some Forma Legacy urban style boots and they are great for the price, good quality and very comfortable

Their Adventure boots get good reviews and they are available in high and mid level models

I have a pair of high Forma adventure boots, very impressed with them.

If wearing trousers over boots, you need to consider the length of your knee armour. If the two interact, it can be quite annoying. For winter, or extended wet rides, I love the TCX Infinity boots.

The Daytona are a bit more then I wanted to pay but the Sidi look good I can’t find a height anywhere does anyone know?

I really rate the Sidi Adventures too. It took me a while to get used to them because the sole is a bit thicker than I was used to and they are stiffer than I was used to.

Measuring the outside from the bottom of the heel to the top of the boot, mine are 36cm. Measuring inside from the heel to top is 32.5cm.

With them on, the top of the boot is 15cm from the back of my knee.

+1 for the Sidi Adventures. I recently saw them on sale for £240. Best boots ive owned anyway.

Sportsbike shop doing them at £227 and that is a steal. ( Every other size available except the one I wear ):mad:

Out of interest has anyone on here tried the TCX X Heliums ?

Sportsbike shop doing them at £227 and that is a steal. ( Every other size available except the one I wear ):mad:

Think i paid £199 for my ones but they were the mk1 version end of line Goretex so i thought they were a bargain. I tried to get another pair of Infinity’s but they were discontinued. Bought the Sidi ones and haven’t regretted it.

Sidi adventure boots are great. I have had mine nearly 7 years and probably getting on for 50,000+ miles . Still waterproof and scrub up great. But they are a narrow fit across the toes. So much so I eventually gave up on them and gave them to my son 12months ago as I really couldn’t walk more than about 50 yards in them. The soles wear out quite quick - even with my limited walking - and the plastic hinges squeak against the leather.

I made a trip down to Motolegends (on my way to Goodwood) as they have a good range of non-mainstream boots and ended up with a pair of Stylmartin boots. Very wide fitting and softened up to be supremely comfy. But not really recommended as they started leaking and have been replaced, other than that I like them a lot.

I have a pair of Sidi Couriers which are also a bombproof pair of boots, they seem a wider fitting than the newer Adventure boots, Mine are a size 45 and fit my 10.5 feet with a pair of thick socks underneath.

They do last forever though so I wouldnt worry too much about price, I now only wear Daytonas everyday but thats not any fault of the Sidi boots just I dont ride offroad or Adventure bikes anymore.

I have to say the Daytonas are the best boots for road work I have ever worn by a long way, with the Sidi`s being the best for everything else.

Either way you wont be dissapointed

Update.
Well I got hold of 4 to try. I didn’t like the TCX baja or the alpine star but I do like the sidi and the forma both are very stiff and finding it hard to change gear, how much do they soften up? Up till now I’ve only ever had softer midi boots but if I’m going to get a gs even though it only ever going to be on road I fancy a pair of boots that match decisions decisions. Then which bike to go for?
Thanks

how much do they soften up?
Then which bike to go for?

My Sidi Adventures have softened up a bit. I think I have also got used to them a lot more. When I first got them I was riding a Tiger Explorer and had a bit of difficulty changing gear. I adjusted the lever one notch and got used to it pretty quickly. After a while gear changes were complete back to normal, and I didn't have to think about foot positioning.

What bike are you riding now? E.g. if you're riding a sports bike now, the ergonomics will be very different and so adventure style boots might be giving you difficulties you wouldn't experience on an adventure bike.

Update.
Well I got hold of 4 to try. I didn’t like the TCX baja or the alpine star but I do like the sidi and the forma both are very stiff and finding it hard to change gear, how much do they soften up? Up till now I’ve only ever had softer midi boots but if I’m going to get a gs even though it only ever going to be on road I fancy a pair of boots that match decisions decisions. Then which bike to go for?
Thanks

Boots to match the image of the bike. You’ll be asking about gloves next and then socks.

Three things to consider based on my personal experience:

1: Consider the weight of the boots. If you’re on and off your bike then try to find a good compromise between weight and protection. Heavy boots do increase fatigue over long exploring days.
2: Gear change in full length boots can also require more effort depending on how well the boots flex at the ankle to allow you to up shift and down shift without full length leg movement. Adjusting the gear lever will probably be required but even then might not give you comfort and control.
3. I took a whack on both shins as a GS rider and know exactly the height of boots I need based on the scar position. That reason alone changed my mind from ever choosing low boots.

Good luck in your search

Back
Top Bottom