Anyone got fork seal holder tool or know of anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighair

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone got fork seal holder removal tool or know of anyone who has got one ?

That one is a Suzuki one from 60's/70's need one or the use of one to dismantle my forks.

Thanks

Put a picture of whatever the actual part you’re dismantling is because I’ve got loads of tools at my place and I live 3 miles past Kimbolton if you head north out of Bedford.

seal holder with fork bottom

Fork bottom and seal holder from one I managed to unscrew using strap wrench.

British Mcs use similar fork seal holder but they usually have a 2 pin removal tool , japs use clamp tool removal system.

Thinking about getting a top yolk with 45/46 mm Dia to clamp round to try undo them I have 4-5 to undo.

Ah, I see. I’ve got an oil filter removal tool that would fetch them off but it’d need rubber or similar to pack it out and protect the alloy parts.

I’ll pop a photo up in a minute and if you want to borrow it drop me a pm and come over. I live in Stow Longa so it’s a nice little ride up the B660 to get it or bring a fork leg up and we can give it a go.

Here you go

61c95839e0708a093d76b5640ee26319.jpg

I think it came from Halfords though it would have been a long time ago and they may not make them any longer.

Well there you go, try mine on one fork leg and if it works buy one because he who has the maximum amount of toys wins 😀

They’re actually very good and that’s not a bad price.

I have got one off using 2 strap wrenches with grippy rubber straps , one moved a little back and forth but now has stopped moving the other 2 nothing .
Tried boil water over the holder , so will try to get one so I can use hot air gun.

Thanks to AndyB 11 and Bear.

I have got one off using 2 strap wrenches with grippy rubber straps , one moved a little back and forth but now has stopped moving the other 2 nothing .
Tried boil water over the holder , so will try to get one so I can use hot air gun.

Andy what is the width were the straps pass through the fixed arc section of the tool ? As it says 60mm to 100 mm range

Thanks to AndyB 11 and Bear.

Stand them upside down, warm them up and hose them with PlusGas or similar and capillary action will draw it in. They’ll move, they always move :okay

Stand them upside down, warm them up and hose them with PlusGas or similar and capillary action will draw it in. They’ll move, they always move :okay

Tried with various anti-seize products out of plus gas at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom