GS-911 software - can't download

ajd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got my new GS-911, I've registered it and plugged it into the bike and I can access it from my phone, all looks good. But to reset the service interval I think I need the PC software, however when I try to gownload it from the 'PC Softwre Downloads' page on the Enthusiast Interface Information page, I get an XML error page and no software! Looks like a website error. I've logged a support call with ilexa, but anyone got the GS-911 V2004.1 software they are willing to send? Thanks.

--
AJD

I think that you will need to connect the GS-911 to your PC and download and install the GS-911 Downloader 1911.2 to be able to update the software.
Might be wrong but give it a try.

Gentlemen - thank you both for your help! I've sussed out the problem though, the download doesn't work with Firefox (my preferred browser) but does work with Chrome (and presumably others). So, I've managed to get the software from the Hexcode website. Cheers all!

Gentlemen - thank you both for your help! I've sussed out the problem though, the download doesn't work with Firefox (my preferred browser) but does work with Chrome (and presumably others). So, I've managed to get the software from the Hexcode website. Cheers all!

I never had any problems with FF

Nor do I ususally, but very infrequently there is an issue with some websites that can't tolerate a secure browser behaving properly...

It may be some of the Firefox plug ins you have installed are blocking the download i.e. java script handlers you could try resolving the issue by temporarily disabling them in Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and see if it still occours.

It may be some of the Firefox plug ins you have installed are blocking the download i.e. java script handlers you could try resolving the issue by temporarily disabling them in Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and see if it still occours.
An interesting thought: I use FireFox exclusively under Windows and Linux but with no plug-ins of any sort.

And make sure you use a full fat usb cable .. ( charge & data)

Many's the time that a piece of hardware wont work because the cable is a lite one (charging only)

firefox is becoming horrible, stuff does play up for me these days, earlier this year it couldn't even cope with buying stuff with paypal (they've fixed it but IT fools are falling over themselves customising sites to only function with the chrome bloatware spyware car crash)

where to find the stuff

https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads

Back
Top Bottom