My computer can't see my Nav V

timeandtide

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Another Nav V virgin here - and getting very frustrated!(Ooohh err missis!)
For some reason neither Mapsource nor Basecamp can “see” the Nav.
Have tried both and on two different computers.
To further complicate the issue 660 Zumo works fine.

NB computer can “see” Nav and SD card perfectly using Windows Explorer - it’s only using the mapping programs to upload/download routes etc that’s a Nono!

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong!:nenau:blast

I had this on updating my nav V on garmin and found it was the wrong USB lead. changed it and away it went.. might be worth a try??

Even when using the correct cable it can sometime take a while to see it.

Thanks for your responses gents - cable has Garmin inscribed on it but I’ll see if I can find an alternative.
Just a thought though - if it was a cable issue why would explorer “see” it? (Connection is through the same cable)

Your point is a good one and I can't answer it - but I follow your logic. I have had similar cable issues with Sena headsets and GoPro's. I now keep and label all my USB cables rather than just rely on any old one.

Good luck.

Thanks Andy - still no further forward:blast
Further illogicality Garmin express recognised Nav correctly and installed updated software!
I’m sure I’m doing something wrong but feck knows what?
Where’s Wapping when you need him?:D

One last thought. Your Garmin cable is connected directly from your Nav to your PC? No USB hub inbetween?

Be patient! Wapping will be along shortly with warm words of wisdom. The temptation to stay away will be too great .....! :D

One last thought. Your Garmin cable is connected directly from your Nav to your PC? No USB hub inbetween?

Be patient! Wapping will be along shortly with warm words of wisdom. The temptation to stay away will be too great .....! :D

Let’s hope you’re right!!

No hub involved.

It may be the cable is giving a poor connection at times and the software fails to recognise the hardware id.

What he said, plus no other USB devices connected. Worked for me :thumb

:beerjug:

I had a similar issue earlier this year using the same cable I had always used before. I bought a new USB (data) cable from Amazon and it worked perfectly.
As said maybe the original cable is breaking down inside. Try a new one.

If you are sure the usb cable is fine, try a re install of basecamp if the problem persists, ensure its the latest version, also check as you can actually move something in and out of the sd card and nav, (txt file would do) and delete afterwards, this is to make sure they are being seen and can be accessed.

Back
Top Bottom