Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

:thumb2

No mention of the five speed box from the importers Seven Seas Motors either!

:beerjug:

What you probably will get is the same engine as the 2022+ Thai domestic Super Cub with four gears. You may also have five preloads on the rear and a black rack. The extra oil filter will need changing at 8000 miles when you clean the oil screen and spinner - hope that filter is the same as the SC125 and can be bought from Honda UK or it will have to be ordered from someone like Webike (best of luck with that). Did 7Cs come good with manuals? If not I can send you mine for copying

What you probably will get is the same engine as the 2022+ Thai domestic Super Cub with four gears. You may also have five preloads on the rear and a black rack. The extra oil filter will need changing at 8000 miles when you clean the oil screen and spinner - hope that filter is the same as the SC125 and can be bought from Honda UK or it will have to be ordered from someone like Webike (best of luck with that). Did 7Cs come good with manuals? If not I can send you mine for copying

Yeah ... Sharon and Mark are lovely people and great to deal with. Full workshop manual (on CD) arrived today, thanks for the heads up on that :thumb
Thanks too for the offer ....

One of the vids on uTube on the Hunter Cub praise Seven Seas Motors for their service.

So far so good :thumb2

Otherwise it's started :D

Tappet adjustment tools ...

Fly lead for the battery. Might fit a Hella DIN plug if somewhere for it, but the service lead will exit to the rear of the seat and near the (black?) rack. A short extension will charge a 'phone or whatever in the small Peli case which will adorn the rack just behind the seat :thumb2

Work in progress .... the 'bike is on the boat and sailing. Due London 27th December. I already have the frame number :thumb

i-gPJ5F5x-L.jpg

i-sCKzwHZ-L.jpg

Micky said : Work in progress .... the 'bike is on the boat and sailing. Due London 27th December. I already have the frame number

So as the wind and rain batters Chez Micky, he loads up his quill pen and starts, “ Dear Santa, please can you bring me for my CT……..

Micky said : Work in progress .... the 'bike is on the boat and sailing. Due London 27th December. I already have the frame number

So as the wind and rain batters Chez Micky, he loads up his quill pen and starts, “ Dear Santa, please can you bring me for my CT……..

Oh I have a list dear friend :D

Don't know what possessed me this morning but headed out to freeze my nuts off.

Note the bottom half of a Nikwax bottle with holes drilled to protect the air filter from mud and water :okay

i-McMPqwb-X3.jpg

i-T4bbB72-X3.jpg

So cold I had to stop :D

i-kTRHxT9-X4.jpg

Not only did they have a defibrillator

i-9hJcPFQ-X4.jpg

But hot chocolate and a pastie bliss...I could start to feel my fingers again

i-8p5hWwm-X3.jpg

Onwards with the beast

i-MtMrWjC-X4.jpg

i-cX6nVqw-X4.jpg

Had a real fight to get it up Moel Famau which is steep and rocky.

Then stop for a piss and leave it ticking over ..... of course it falls over while I'm mid flow...ffs!

i-PptXfsw-X4.jpg

A few more lanes before heading back.

What fun! :D:D

i-DxL8Sj8-X4.jpg

Don't know what possessed me this morning but headed out to freeze my nuts off.

Note the bottom half of a Nikwax bottle with holes drilled to protect the air filter from mud and water :okay

i-McMPqwb-X3.jpg

i-T4bbB72-X3.jpg

So cold I had to stop :D

i-kTRHxT9-X4.jpg

Not only did they have a defibrillator

i-9hJcPFQ-X4.jpg

But hot chocolate and a pastie bliss...I could start to feel my fingers again

i-8p5hWwm-X3.jpg

Onwards with the beast

i-MtMrWjC-X4.jpg

i-cX6nVqw-X4.jpg

Had a real fight to get it up Moel Famau which is steep and rocky.

Then stop for a piss and leave it ticking over ..... of course it falls over while I'm mid flow...ffs!

i-PptXfsw-X4.jpg

A few more lanes before heading back.

What fun! :D:D

i-DxL8Sj8-X4.jpg

You'd be better off on something orange.......................:blast:p

Another piece of bling arrived today ;)

i-Q7KxGQ3-L.jpg

Yes a must have on any bike imo.......although with a claim to be the most powerful magnet in the world you might find tries to grab the flywheel, sucking 50% of your bhp :D

.... in your opinion :D

Good one Tim :thumb

Another piece of bling arrived today ;)

i-Q7KxGQ3-L.jpg

I can perhaps understand not wanting engine build swarf making the spinner/screen mucky but how many of the millions of these Honda engines have suffered from engine wear due to contamination?

I can perhaps understand not wanting engine build swarf making the spinner/screen mucky but how many of the millions of these Honda engines have suffered from engine wear due to contamination?

Yeah .... I know :D
Those engines probably done more miles between them than any other engine in the world :D
Honda have seen fit to put an oil filter on that engine for 2023. Dunno if its the same one as you have mentioned, but if they've done it to the Super Cub (?) it'll be available over here for sure :thumb2

Belts and braces I guess :rob

On my C15 trials engine I've fitted a small magnet in sump strainer, magnetic drain plug in the oil tank and and oil filter which used Trident filters! Relying on a sludge trap was never going to be a good idea.

But when you see how well made the old Honda engines are and with huge main bearings it's no wonder they last well.

Yeah .... I know :D
Those engines probably done more miles between them than any other engine in the world :D
Honda have seen fit to put an oil filter on that engine for 2023. Dunno if its the same one as you have mentioned, but if they've done it to the Super Cub (?) it'll be available over here for sure :thumb2

Micky just a quick observation. The 2019 Monkeys (125) shipped with mineral oil in from the factory to allow the engine to bed in. I saw the oil going black in the sight glass , so at 300 miles I dropped it out (first service is 600 miles) and replaced with fully synthetic, its only 850cc so about a tenners worth of oil.

Only to be told by the Honda tech it was a deliberate strategy to run mineral oil for the first 600 miles. So dont be like me and be too quick to drop it out.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom