Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

Nice but a bit pricey as the new one would be a similar figure.
Yes thats the problem, but I think it would hold its value and if we can’t get 125’s it’s an alternative.
Think for me it will have to be a couple of Monkeys, although I’ve seen somewhere they’re going to reintroduce the the Dax at some point. Probably won’t get that here either.

I'm trying to decide if I want one now? I have deposit on the first one that my dealer will be getting in December. But I already have a nice Yamaha XT250 which doesn't weigh much more and is a better all around trail bike. I was hoping my friend would like riding it but she seems pretty timid on the XT when she rides it around so I doubt she'd feel any more comfortable on a CT125.
He has subsequent deposits on the units scheduled to arrive in early Spring 2021 so I doubt he'll mind if I cancel. The thing is cute though.....

I'm trying to decide if I want one now? I have deposit on the first one that my dealer will be getting in December. But I already have a nice Yamaha XT250 which doesn't weigh much more and is a better all around trail bike. I was hoping my friend would like riding it but she seems pretty timid on the XT when she rides it around so I doubt she'd feel any more comfortable on a CT125.
He has subsequent deposits on the units scheduled to arrive in early Spring 2021 so I doubt he'll mind if I cancel. The thing is cute though.....
Buy it, you can always sell it on. That’s given me an idea though, if we don’t get them, we could import registered ones as used bikes from the USA. Hmmmmm.....:duno

Buy it, you can always sell it on. That’s given me an idea though, if we don’t get them, we could import registered ones as used bikes from the USA. Hmmmmm.....:duno

It would be fun to buy one from wherever they're available and ride them back.

I've ridden my 390 Duke to and through France which was great fun and this would be pushing this a bit further.

Wonder what deal Honda would do if 100 Tossers got together to place a bulk order, LOL.

Unlikely that many Tossers would buy but I’d take two and I believe Mr Arsey would, couple of others on here too, that’s a start!

It would be fun to buy one from wherever they're available and ride them back.

I've ridden my 390 Duke to and through France which was great fun and this would be pushing this a bit further.

Google Nathan the postman , or something similar. He did just that with a CT from Australia a few years ago ;)

Does anybody know if there is a EURO spec version being made available for other countries like Greece or Turkey... or Italy as it is the biggest 2 wheeled market in Europe ?

Honda UK told me there's no plans as yet to bring them here. Apparently the new cub didn't sell anywhere near as well as they hoped.

Honda UK told me there's no plans as yet to bring them here. Apparently the new cub didn't sell anywhere near as well as they hoped.

No dual seat put a lot of people off it - not that you would go that far two up on one, but not having the option stopped many people buying. They have been moaning about it over on the C90 forum since the C125 was introduced.

Slight tangent but as the CT125 isnt coming out to spend my pennies on I quite like the idea of having something dual purpose and it sounds like there is an improved CRF250L coming out (CRF300L) with more power and less weight. What are the bettings Honda don't bother making it Euro 5, and if they do it will be down on power (as per the CRF450L).

RBW.

No dual seat put a lot of people off it - not that you would go that far two up on one, but not having the option stopped many people buying. They have been moaning about it over on the C90 forum since the C125 was introduced.

Bit of a limited market in a way too. They are kind of a heritage model for Honda in a way. Once all the old fogies had bought one the sales stalled as anyone new to commuting would be comparing it to other scooters that are much more practical and probably cheaper?

Bit of a limited market in a way too. They are kind of a heritage model for Honda in a way. Once all the old fogies had bought one the sales stalled as anyone new to commuting would be comparing it to other scooters that are much more practical and probably cheaper?
And yet the Cub is in the official UK line up for 2021. Surely would’ve been better to put the CT in instead, all us old fogies could buy one to go along side our Cubs!

I'm chatting to a friend in the Netherlands whose brother is a Honda dealer to see if they will get it.
If so then we will have hat avenue

Slight tangent but as the CT125 isnt coming out to spend my pennies on I quite like the idea of having something dual purpose and it sounds like there is an improved CRF250L coming out (CRF300L) with more power and less weight. What are the bettings Honda don't bother making it Euro 5, and if they do it will be down on power (as per the CRF450L).

RBW.

A CRF300L would be FAR better and a more useful all around small motorcycle than a CT125 especially for not all that much more money. Over here probably less than $1,500 more for the CRF300L gets you triple the power, better components, more suspension, and not much more weight. This is probably what Honda UK is thinking in not bringing the CT125 in. My dealer said it is his understanding all three retro mini-motos; Cub, Monkey, and CT125, were planned as short run specialty products. My hunch is if you could pick up a leftover Cub for a good price it very well may hold value.

A CRF300L would be FAR better and a more useful all around small motorcycle than a CT125 especially for not all that much more money. Over here probably less than $1,500 more for the CRF300L gets you triple the power, better components, more suspension, and not much more weight. This is probably what Honda UK is thinking in not bringing the CT125 in. My dealer said it is his understanding all three retro mini-motos; Cub, Monkey, and CT125, were planned as short run specialty products. My hunch is if you could pick up a leftover Cub for a good price it very well may hold value.

And a CB500X would be much better all round than a CRF300L.

I think you’re missing the point.
If the CT 125 was on sale in UK then I would buy one ,possibly two.

It just looks fun and has real character.The CRF300L doesn’t and hasn’t !!

And a CB500X would be much better all round than a CRF300L.

I think you’re missing the point.

If "better all around" to you includes mostly road with a lot of highway travel I agree that a CB500X is better. IMO the CB500X is a nice street bike with the capability for riding on all types of roads, a wonderful, light weight adventure bike which is how Honda classify it. But even a light weight adventure bike is a pig compared to the CT125 or CRF 300 so nowhere near as fun or capable as a trail bike. My reference to "better and more useful all around small motorcycle" was a small, lightweight, street legal trail motorcycle, which is what a CT125, CRF300L, and others are. I think you'll agree objectively a CRF 300L or Kawasaki KLX 230 work better than the Trail 125 both on trails and on road. Where the CT125 shines is its retro looks, auto clutch (if that's your thing), and semi step through chassis.

If the CT 125 was on sale in UK then I would buy one ,possibly two.

It just looks fun and has real character.The CRF300L doesn’t and hasn’t !!

If a CT 125 looks fun to you, you should buy one, or two. If the CT125 is NA in England, and you can be satisfied riding on roads, just get a Cub 125 which is pretty close to the same bike.

Back
Top Bottom