Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

If "better all around" to you includes mostly road with a lot of highway travel I agree that a CB500X is better. IMO the CB500X is a nice street bike with the capability for riding on all types of roads, a wonderful, light weight adventure bike which is how Honda classify it. But even a light weight adventure bike is a pig compared to the CT125 or CRF 300 so nowhere near as fun or capable as a trail bike. My reference to "better and more useful all around small motorcycle" was a small, lightweight, street legal trail motorcycle, which is what a CT125, CRF300L, and others are. I think you'll agree objectively a CRF 300L or Kawasaki KLX 230 work better than the Trail 125 both on trails and on road. Where the CT125 shines is its retro looks, auto clutch (if that's your thing), and semi step through chassis.

If a CT 125 looks fun to you, you should buy one, or two. If the CT125 is NA in England, and you can be satisfied riding on roads, just get a Cub 125 which is pretty close to the same bike.

Nah, the Cub does nothing for me.

Really? I kind of like it, for what it is. An older friend has one, red and cream, which I actually encouraged him to buy. It is beautifully finished almost a work of art. I rode it and I must say it was fun and had ample power for just puttering around the neighborhood.

Really? I kind of like it, for what it is. An older friend has one, red and cream, which I actually encouraged him to buy. It is beautifully finished almost a work of art. I rode it and I must say it was fun and had ample power for just puttering around the neighborhood.

Not seen one in the flesh but in pictures it doesn’t do it for me, unlike the CT.

3a34664b2268788ddfd88f521e28940f.jpg

7156b8037eec41eeef3c11e6e078a03e.jpg

The Cub does nothing for me, the CT does but that maybe because I had visions of investigating new byeways on the CT before trying on my bigger bike. Id rather have a SH125i than a Cub, more power, better two up and a brilliant scooter for all things scooter related. I may still get a new SH125i, although as Im not commuting now it seems a bit pointless.

I'm waiting now for the CRF300L.

RBW.

Damn I wish I'd not looked at that CT125 pic..... it is cute. No, I think I'm going to ask that my $500 deposit be shifted to a Honda Pioneer 520.

I hope you are able to find one Arsey.

Just try getting the tupperware off for maintenance or cleaning ...

They are fun rainbow. I have one UTV, a Mule Pro MX, which I use most everyday. I carry a saw in the back for keeping the trails cleared or cutting firewood. It tows the splitter as well move brush, rock and stone, etc.. Or just for joy riding with the dog on the trails or around on the local roads. Since I bought the Mule the ATV only seems to get used for getting in places I can't fit the Mule, or when friends and family visit. Thinking of trading the old ATV on the little P520 which is almost as narrow but with a bed is more functional, and can carry two people. I'm thinking it makes more sense for me than a CT125.

Just try getting the tupperware off for maintenance or cleaning ...

Well that certainly is a problem.

Not seen one in the flesh but in pictures it doesn’t do it for me, unlike the CT.

3a34664b2268788ddfd88f521e28940f.jpg

7156b8037eec41eeef3c11e6e078a03e.jpg

Totally agree :thumb

Spoke to Honda Dealer Craigs at Baildon only today, expressing interest .... no knowledge if being imported to the UK as yet :blast

:beerjug:

Totally agree :thumb

Spoke to Honda Dealer Craigs at Baildon only today, expressing interest .... no knowledge if being imported to the UK as yet :blast

:beerjug:

Had a reply

Dear Martin

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

We appreciate your interest in the Honda CT125 Hunter Cub.

Currently, there is no official information stating whether the Honda CT125 Hunter Cub will become part of the UK motorcycle range. As soon as we have any details about upcoming models, we publish them on the “Coming Soon” section of our website. If you would like to stay up to date with any news and updates, we would recommend visiting our official webpage regularly – https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles.html & https://hondanews.eu/gb/en/motorcycles.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK and for your interest in our products. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kind Regards,

Nikolay Stamenkov

Honda Customer Service

Honda Motor Europe Ltd.

Honda UK

A CRF300L would be FAR better and a more useful all around small motorcycle than a CT125 especially for not all that much more money. Over here probably less than $1,500 more for the CRF300L gets you triple the power, better components, more suspension, and not much more weight. This is probably what Honda UK is thinking in not bringing the CT125 in. My dealer said it is his understanding all three retro mini-motos; Cub, Monkey, and CT125, were planned as short run specialty products. My hunch is if you could pick up a leftover Cub for a good price it very well may hold value.

Do you have the CRF450L over there too?

Anyone having a mid-life crisis should stay away from this thread.

No other reason to buy one of these.

Anyone having a mid-life crisis should stay away from this thread.

No other reason to buy one of these.

On an 'adventure bike' forum?
Gotta love the irony in that :D

On an 'adventure bike' forum?
Gotta love the irony in that :D

That I 'get', but these will sit in garages like many other toys.

Just get a plane, rent one, have fun, fly home.

There are those who will pop to Morrisons on one because of this thread - mark my words :D

That I 'get', but these will sit in garages like many other toys.

Just get a plane, rent one, have fun, fly home.

There are those who will pop to Morrisons on one because of this thread - mark my words :D

Popping to Morrisons for breakfast is what my bikes, especially the small versions are used for most.

The small and inexpensive bikes give a certain pleasure from simply owning them.

They're a bit like male handbags. You don't need more than one but can't resist buying many because you can.

He's got a point. It'll be down on power and up on weight compared to the already pretty flat c124, it's nearly Himalayan money too.

Back
Top Bottom