Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

£5K for one of these? Seems like a lot of money for what it is.

Yes you're right:thumb

But what is it .... look at the uTube vids ;)

It's all relevant isn't it?

Do you want one?
Can you afford one?

Can't see the problem myself .... I've paid a deposit :thumb2

I want one :thumb2

I can afford one :thumb

End of ;)

:beerjug:

Yes you're right:thumb

But what is it .... look at the uTube vids ;)

It's all relevant isn't it?

Do you want one?
Can you afford one?

Can't see the problem myself .... I've paid a deposit :thumb2

I want one :thumb2

I can afford one :thumb

End of ;)

I was talking to a chap, last week who has one (maybe he’s still on here as he had my old 1200 GSA)
He really likes his CT125 and uses it more than his other Adv Bikes
Is the CT125 engine is same as the one in the Monkey and Super Cub?

I was talking to a chap, last week who has one (maybe he’s still on here as he had my old 1200 GSA)

Yes John, I do believe it is :thumb2

Biggest selling engine made I believe ;)

It's alright Tossers on here they'd rather have a 1200GS or whatever ... I've had them. I couldn't ride one these days, let alone get it out of my back garden :rob

Oh .... and if it gets me some Totty like that plying on the beach in the promotional video I'll be delighted :D

It's alright Tossers on here they'd rather have a 1200GS or whatever ... I've had them. I couldn't ride one these days, let alone get it out of my back garden :rob

Oh .... and if it gets me some Totty like that plying on the beach in the promotional video I'll be delighted :D

I love riding my Monkey and Grom. Fantastic for going into town

Cheers Mick
You could return to the Stelvio in 2023, on it
Good choice

The Monkey and the Grom have manual clutches, the CT and the Supercub are auto clutches. Personally I prefer the auto clutches, makes them feel like the old C90’s, but that’s just the nostalgia kicking in. If you avoid big roads the 125 engine is great, pulls strongly, and the four speed box makes all the difference. Having said that it will maintain 55mph comfortably so big roads aren’t that bad, it’s just that you don’t have much in reserve. £5k is not outrageous for a CT, look at the price of any Jap 125, and then consider they have to do a fair bit to have them shipped over, and pay duties etc.
If you are budget conscious a used Supercub is half the price, and almost as much fun, just not got the off road vibe going on.

I'm quite prepared, if Sue will look after Chocky, ride Scotland to Larne, do the Wild Atlantic Way, ferry southern Ireland to France or Spain and ride the Long Way Home :D

I do actually love riding a small motorcycle .... I have nothing to prove :)

Should be a cracking bike, you choose your roads and enjoy the simple pleasures of travelling on a bike, no interference from computerised interfaces:beerjug:

And you can pick it up, drag it back out a parking slot, do whatever. Ideal.

Room for Chocky

5428a5f882c46cd48809534c2e021ae3.jpg

:beerjug:[/QUOTE]

That’s hit the nail on the head. Maybe it’s age thing, I’ve always liked tiddlers but used to feel a bit self conscious.
Not nowadays though.:)

I'm quite prepared, if Sue will look after Chocky, ride Scotland to Larne, do the Wild Atlantic Way, ferry southern Ireland to France or Spain and ride the Long Way Home :D

I've just ridden my 390 Duke to Nice and back and it was great.

When I bought a car from Chelmsford I rode there on my Grom from Gloucestershire inc the M25 in rush hour and it was great fun.

Small bikes need more effort and engagement which I like. Big bikes insulate you so I need to be going fast to have fun which will get me into trouble.

The 390 Duke has three times the capacity of a Hunter Cub engine .... but I know what you guys mean. You don't need a large fast 'bike to ride the distance :rob

One guy on uTube rode his Postie overland from Australia to Europe ... meanwhile some 1200GS owners just stare at a Touratech Catalogue :D

The Monkey and the Grom have manual clutches, the CT and the Supercub are auto clutches. Personally I prefer the auto clutches, makes them feel like the old C90’s, but that’s just the nostalgia kicking in. If you avoid big roads the 125 engine is great, pulls strongly, and the four speed box makes all the difference. Having said that it will maintain 55mph comfortably so big roads aren’t that bad, it’s just that you don’t have much in reserve. £5k is not outrageous for a CT, look at the price of any Jap 125, and then consider they have to do a fair bit to have them shipped over, and pay duties etc.
If you are budget conscious a used Supercub is half the price, and almost as much fun, just not got the off road vibe going on.

Thanks
I didn’t know that

The 390 Duke has three times the capacity of a Hunter Cub engine .... but I know what you guys mean. You don't need a large fast 'bike to ride the distance :rob

One guy on uTube rode his Postie overland from Australia to Europe ... meanwhile some 1200GS owners just stare at a Touratech Catalogue :D

Nathan Millward.
Now runs Dorothy’s Speed Shop in Devon.
Sounds like a top bloke

I had a Monkey, and was first in line for a Trail 125 (Postie) at my dealer almost two years ago. But I canceled my order for the Trail 125 then sold the Monkey after deciding they were simply too underpowered to maintain much speed on hills. I could be ok winding it out going 30 mph up a hill on a little 2-lane road but the cars and trucks following often became frustrated and would tailgate trying to "urge me on". The Monkey was ok once I made it to town with 25-40 mph speed limits, on relatively level roads (which there are few in WV) with 45 and under speeds, or very rural roads... but here these tend to be rough and the Monkey just wasn't fun on those with its limited suspension. This is where the Postie with slightly more suspension should be better.

I had a Monkey, and was first in line for a Trail 125 (Postie) at my dealer almost two years ago. But I canceled my order for the Trail 125 then sold the Monkey after deciding they were simply too underpowered to maintain much speed on hills. I could be ok winding it out going 30 mph up a hill on a little 2-lane road but the cars and trucks following often became frustrated and would tailgate trying to "urge me on". The Monkey was ok once I made it to town with 25-40 mph speed limits, on relatively level roads (which there are few in WV) with 45 and under speeds, or very rural roads... but here these tend to be rough and the Monkey just wasn't fun on those with its limited suspension. This is where the Postie with slightly more suspension should be better.

That’s interesting
Thanks for your analysis

If I were with others on similar bikes I'd ride my Grom or Monkey to the IOM TT for a bit of fun. It's 186 miles from here to the Heysam ferry but it would be a laugh, you certainly see more.

I took my CRF 250 on this trip and it was great.

Back
Top Bottom