Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

I had a Monkey, and was first in line for a Trail 125 (Postie) at my dealer almost two years ago. But I canceled my order for the Trail 125 then sold the Monkey after deciding they were simply too underpowered to maintain much speed on hills. I could be ok winding it out going 30 mph up a hill on a little 2-lane road but the cars and trucks following often became frustrated and would tailgate trying to "urge me on". The Monkey was ok once I made it to town with 25-40 mph speed limits, on relatively level roads (which there are few in WV) with 45 and under speeds, or very rural roads... but here these tend to be rough and the Monkey just wasn't fun on those with its limited suspension. This is where the Postie with slightly more suspension should be better.

I think a Grom or Monkey with a 250cc engine would be great fun.

I think a Grom or Monkey with a 250cc engine would be great fun.

I think so too.
The other reason I canceled is because a Postie is just about the same weight as my Yamaha XT250 but with about 1/2 the power and less suspension. When I placed my deposit I didn't realize that it would be quite as heavy as it is. For me the little XT250 with 17-18 hp is just "adequate" on the highway, it can hit 75 mph on a long level, cruise at (actual) 60 comfortably, and even up most any grade at 50. I avoid our Interstate roads with it but find it's delightful on trails, dirt roads, and even on 55 mph highways but on those I wouldn't want any less power.

I think so too.
The other reason I canceled is because a Postie is just about the same weight as my Yamaha XT250 but with about 1/2 the power and less suspension. When I placed my deposit I didn't realize that it would be quite as heavy as it is. For me the little XT250 with 17-18 hp is just "adequate" on the highway, it can hit 75 mph on a long level, cruise at (actual) 60 comfortably, and even up most any grade at 50. I avoid our Interstate roads with it but find it's delightful on trails, dirt roads, and even on 55 mph highways but on those I wouldn't want any less power.

How heavy is a CT125?
Under 100kgs, surely …..??

What did you do for luggage?, and comfort? I’m thinking about downsizing, again.

Comfort was OK but I'm 5'9''.

After riding for eight hours I was moving around in the seat and stretching my legs but this would be the same on most bikes.

It's fantastic around the mountains and on French N&D roads.

Additionally, it's good on motorways at 75 ish.

Comfort was OK but I'm 5'9''.

After riding for eight hours I was moving around in the seat and stretching my legs but this would be the same on most bikes.

It's fantastic around the mountains and on French N&D roads.

Additionally, it's good on motorways at 75 ish.

I could manage with that, thanks for the gen.

1968 and 16 bhp 140cc Stomp engine.
Quick! :D

Attachments

• 20221110_141721-02.jpg
    20221110_141721-02.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 295
CT125 Hunter Cub

Paid a deposit on one, will be here in January probably :thumb2

A red one, like this ....

i-2CrtZqC-L.jpg

It'll get me there ... :thumb

I'll see you there ... :thumb

Be there ... :thumb

:beerjug:

If it has half the character of the originals you'll have a hoot, been out for a longer ride on mine today and going to go up a tooth on the front sprocket next.

20221114_132603-01-X3.jpg

20221114_132628-01-X3.jpg

Looks nice Micky , something to look fwd to in the new year :beerjug:

Indeed Steve ... indeed :thumb2

If it has half the character of the originals you'll have a hoot, been out for a longer ride on mine today and going to go up a tooth on the front sprocket next.

My eyes and my brain don't work so closely together as they used to do Tim :rob
So a smaller slower 'bike is called for ....

Up a tooth on the front sprocket for better road use? (worked for me on the F800GS)

Yes, a hoot indeed :D

Edit .... what Barkbusters are they? Mine wont be complete without Barkbusters :D

Indeed Steve ... indeed :thumb2

My eyes and my brain don't work so closely together as they used to do Tim :rob
So a smaller slower 'bike is called for ....

Up a tooth on the front sprocket for better road use? (worked for me on the F800GS)

Yes, a hoot indeed :D

Edit .... what Barkbusters are they? Mine wont be complete without Barkbusters :D

Yes 1 tooth up for better road use as with this engine in it'll pull up anything in 1st or 2nd, so I'll get either more speed or lower revs....guess which? :D

If you google Barkbuster Muffs, I think they're all the same. I have a couple of pairs and swop them from bike to bike.....game changer!

i-2CrtZqC-L.jpg

It'll get me there ... :thumb

I'll see you there ... :thumb

Be there ... :thumb

I seem to remember you saying;; i can see mi sen on one of those some time back;; keep us posted; :D :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom