Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

An inmate here has just bought a new CT125 yesterday in Thailand - he put it on Facebook
£2100 on the road there
Just shows how much extra, we get charged by Honda UK for monkey bikes and the Dax at £4K

Micky just a quick observation. The 2019 Monkeys (125) shipped with mineral oil in from the factory to allow the engine to bed in. I saw the oil going black in the sight glass , so at 300 miles I dropped it out (first service is 600 miles) and replaced with fully synthetic, its only 850cc so about a tenners worth of oil.

Only to be told by the Honda tech it was a deliberate strategy to run mineral oil for the first 600 miles. So dont be like me and be too quick to drop it out.

Steve

Thanks Steve :thumb

When I bought my new R1100RS in 1994 I put Mobil 1 in from the first service .... it took to 50,000 miles to run in :D:thumb2

:beerjug:

Micky just a quick observation. The 2019 Monkeys (125) shipped with mineral oil in from the factory to allow the engine to bed in. I saw the oil going black in the sight glass , so at 300 miles I dropped it out (first service is 600 miles) and replaced with fully synthetic, its only 850cc so about a tenners worth of oil.

Only to be told by the Honda tech it was a deliberate strategy to run mineral oil for the first 600 miles. So dont be like me and be too quick to drop it out.

Steve

Good advice

That horn is the tits! :thumb2
I had one similar on my road legal KX500.

An inmate here has just bought a new CT125 yesterday in Thailand - he put it on Facebook
£2100 on the road there
Just shows how much extra, we get charged by Honda UK for monkey bikes and the Dax at £4K

the reason i bought an original

I spare no expense at preparing the incoming Hunter Cub for Adventure :D

i-KRCJpRc-L.jpg

£2100 on the road there

Well they're made in Thailand I do believe.

How much would you charge me JB to crate and freight from Thailand to London.

Freight across to Yorkshire. Uncrate and PDI, take it to Government vehicle testing station and have a 'MSVA' certificate (Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval Certificate) issued. Register, pay import and vat and anything else required? Could you do all that for the £1,900 and make any wages? :blast

Ha that told 'im :D

Mine went from Japan to Nevada and back to UK, registered then on to Wales.
But the cost of shipping containers from Asia has multiplied greatly since them.

Here you go Micky Nathan likes em

https://youtu.be/to2JfFb9ZQI

His summary “ probably the best small bike Ive ever bought, in fact I know it is”

Pretty good endorsement from a CT110 fan

Steve

"Change up early, change down late" ..... "This is all you need for going anywhere in the world"

Great vid Steve :thumb

Micky,
I was in touch with Mark at Seven Seas last year and toying with getting a CT125 again.
Can’t remember-is there any warranty?

Micky,
I was in touch with Mark at Seven Seas last year and toying with getting a CT125 again.
Can’t remember-is there any warranty?

Warranty?

It’s a little Honda - would it be needed ?

Not a complex bike, my sub 400cc Honda have been fine with regular services

What's your annual mileage on that, 300?
:D

About a 1000-1500 on the 400, but it’s 20 years old
The 250cc is 14 years old, efi and being HRC built runs like a Swiss watch, does 30 hours a year
My Honda lawn mower is 25 years old, never changed the oil from brand new and had to change a plug costing £4.59 for the first time, this year as it misfired
You meet the nicest people on a Honda

Can't you bring one back in the hold when on a long haul flight? If you can't sort it no one can :D

Two guys came for earplugs, they were pilots of Chinook's and were flying out to Iraq ... they were taking their GS's out with them, they said :eek:

Can't you bring one back in the hold when on a long haul flight? If you can't sort it no one can :D

Two guys came for earplugs, they were pilots of Chinook's and were flying out to Iraq ... they were taking their GS's out with them, they said :eek:

I probably could and we have an annual cargo allowance.
But they get funny if anything with an engine has been run in testing.
People used to bring back ride on mowers and all kinds of stuff before they clamped down.
I need to do a Bangkok flight and try get a couple :)

I probably could and we have an annual cargo allowance.
But they get funny if anything with an engine has been run in testing.
People used to bring back ride on mowers and all kinds of stuff before they clamped down.
I need to do a Bangkok flight and try get a couple :)
Buy them still Crated then
£2100 in Thailand-someone here bought one there this week
You could buy 2 and still have change from the price charged in uk for one

Back
Top Bottom