Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

I set the red oil temp light to 170° … stops it in it’s tracks!

Looks as though you avoided breaking any plastic hooks. What will you use the USB C for?

I can charge my 'phone up if I need to.

This new engine has a different oil temperature plug so can't wire that up just now. Probably a revised sub harness will be available in the near future!

:beerjug:

The front wheel axle has no fork clamp bolts to secure everything ...

i-4ZWQ8Xd-L.jpg

So if this nut comes loose your front wheel comes off :blast

So I've drilled the axle and put a split pin in ...

i-ncb85XD-L.jpg

To be fair to Honda the direction of rotation of the wheel would tend to tighten the nut up. The rear axle is another matter, if the nut comes loose it will spin off .... witness the guy on uTube doing the Trans American Trail and he lost his rear wheel axle nut. He went back and found the plate adjustment for the chain, but no sign of the nut. He managed to wire things upon until he found a replacement nut!

My rear wheel spindle is next :D:thumb2

Front carrier rack fitted ...

The American 'Chase Harper' bag I've had for around forty years. It'll be OK for visor cleaning tackle, maybe holding a 'phone while charging up from the nearby USB socket.
Having said that ... never had to charge a 'phone up on a motorcycle yet :D:thumb2

i-K366SC7-L.jpg

i-Vq7NX6P-L.jpg

Work in progress :thumby:

Took it for a ride today .... Clumber Park and The Green Hut at Ollerton for breakfast.

i-d8htQSS-L.jpg

i-dFkwp6p-L.jpg

It's another learning curve for me this four speed gearbox with automatic clutch .... been fifty years since I last rode one :blast

Any hints'n tips greatly appreciated :rob

madman in holland just bought one (ow much!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4p9S4qNy3Q

Have a pal living in Holland says the same. But that one was imported from Japan.

Mine imported from Thailand, (where they're made), by Seven Seas Motors at Dewsbury. Can't speak highly enough of them :thumb2

Much cheaper :thumby:

You're right Arsey .... lots of shite, mostly useless, in there :D

The 2023 model :thumb2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xrev8JjaGj4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw this and thought of you lot.

I’m liking these bikes, can see myself plonking around on one into my old(er) age.

Oh sorry I mistook it for an oil bottle, yes extra petrol could be useful!

Oh sorry I mistook it for an oil bottle, yes extra petrol could be useful!

Actually the 'bike has a very small oil capacity and needs changing at 3,000 miles I think. So on a long trip I might well carry oil in it :thumb2

It's a 2 litre fuel can - very handy, 'specially when you get a million miles to the gallon.

Yep, you can fill it with 2 litres of fuel while the other litre goes every else … stupid little spout!

Back
Top Bottom