Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

I'm surprised this video of two little CT's in Alaska hasn't been mentioned here, great film :beerjug:

Yes 1 tooth up for better road use as with this engine in it'll pull up anything in 1st or 2nd, so I'll get either more speed or lower revs....guess which? :D

If you google Barkbuster Muffs, I think they're all the same. I have a couple of pairs and swop them from bike to bike.....game changer!

Whatever you do with the sprockets the CT’s 8hp won’t get you above 52mph. £20 however will get you the benefits of “tubeless” tyres …

Whatever you do with the sprockets the CT’s 8hp won’t get you above 52mph. £20 however will get you the benefits of “tubeless” tyres …

True and I did have a puncture yesterday!
The reason I'm going up a tooth is I have a 16bhp 140cc pit bike engine fitted now while I overhaul the original.

Micky, call Mark/Sharon and ask for printed copies of the two manuals

True and I did have a puncture yesterday!
The reason I'm going up a tooth is I have a 16bhp 140cc pit bike engine fitted now while I overhaul the original.

Does your’s have dual range, have intake and exhaust been changed for the bigger CC and does your insurance company believe it is still a C90?

ps The almost free tubeless ghetto conversion should take no more than an hour out of your day …

I had a C50, passed my test on it, and it was indestructible. The same went for the two my mates had, and we did try very hard! They only had one throttle position, and I learned how to take stuff apart on mine (not how to put it back together though). So I’m not too surprised that the 90 made it.

Does your’s have dual range, have intake and exhaust been changed for the bigger CC and does your insurance company believe it is still a C90?

ps The almost free tubeless ghetto conversion should take no more than an hour out of your day …

The original does have duel range yes, different intake and carb for the bigger engine.
I'm rebuilding the oem carb ready for when I finish the engine.

I'm surprised this video of two little CT's in Alaska hasn't been mentioned here, great film :beerjug:

How much fun can you have on a motorcycle :D

Great video Tim :thumb2

Already planning, next Spring, if Sue will have Chocky for two or three weeks, to ride up to Scotland, across to Ireland, Round the north and west Wild Atlantic Way then the ferry from Cork to Roscoff or wherever. Returning the 'Long Way Home III' :D

Guy on uTube 'One Guy Rides' done the 'Trans American Trail' on one. Over 5,000 miles, with camping gear :eek:

:beerjug:

Micky, call Mark/Sharon and ask for printed copies of the two manuals

Will do .... thanks for the heads up :thumb2

Not too bothered about tubeless tyres .... 145,000 miles on the F800GS and quite a few on the Xcountry. I can repair them ;)

Guy on uTube 'One Guy Rides' done the 'Trans American Trail' on one. Over 5,000 miles, with camping gear

Well worth watching, but it’s ‘some guy rides’ :beerjug:

Guy on uTube 'One Guy Rides' done the 'Trans American Trail' on one. Over 5,000 miles, with camping gear

Well worth watching, but it’s ‘some guy rides’ :beerjug:

It is indeed :thumb

Just one episode, picked at random ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/82ta7T8qvyo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast Forward to say 39 minutes for a taster ....

There's an almost new CT125 on Ebay now for £4,900!!!

No way is a CT125 worth that but I guess there's plenty who may pay it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25584652...Jh3bDPLmRBhRudWhI+XIM9/qw=|tkp:Bk9SR4r6hbSWYQ

Meanwhile on my 1968 version I thought I'd take a gamble and see if a pair of Betor Trials shocks would fit, I went for 340mm and 50lb spring.
Perfect, the difference in handling is remarkable and am sure it easily cope with with camping gear etc.

20221126_122946-X3.jpg

Well that's subjective Tim ... I'm paying £50.00 more for a brand new one :D

The standard suspension coped with the camping gear on the Trans American Trail in my link above :thumb

Yours looks lovely .... the 'bike of course :D

Well that's subjective Tim ... I'm paying £50.00 more for a brand new one :D

The standard suspension coped with the camping gear on the Trans American Trail in my link above :thumb

Yours looks lovely .... the 'bike of course :D

I’ll put odds on him changing the rear shocks after the current MABDR

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25584652...Jh3bDPLmRBhRudWhI+XIM9/qw=|tkp:Bk9SR4r6hbSWYQ

Meanwhile on my 1968 version I thought I'd take a gamble and see if a pair of Betor Trials shocks would fit, I went for 340mm and 50lb spring.
Perfect, the difference in handling is remarkable and am sure it easily cope with with camping gear etc.

tim did you do anything to the front?

tim did you do anything to the front?

Not yet but it feels quite good at the moment although if I'm keen there's plenty of options.

Edit.
The 125 on Ebay didn't last long! Must be the way forward :D

Back
Top Bottom