77th D-Day Anniversary June 5th-12th 2021

Mark H

Formerly known as Easyrider5258 (Mark)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm organising a trip for next year (2021) for the 77th D-Day Anniversary, I did it for the 65th and 70th and 75th about 60 attend on average including some from UKGSER a good time was had by all.

The site is the same as the 65th and 70th & 75th Camp du Nacre https://www.sandaya.fr/nos-campings/cote-de-nacre

A good central place to base yourself for all the events and only a few miles from the Caen ferry port if you chose the Portsmouth - Caen route,

The location is Camp du Nacre at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer and will offer camping pitches and chalets, pool, Bar and Restaurant on-site, and you may be pleased to know that children are more or less absent from the site at this time of year.

I will be there from 4th to 12th but you can book any duration you wish,

Travel, routes and ferries are up to you to arrange,

Booking on-line wont be available until the end of July/August 2019 The site will fill quickly up-to the end of this year so get in early to secure your accommodation or pitch. (Everything was full by November last year)

Booking can only be made by contacting the site directly on ..................................

If you decide to go and have booked drop me a pm or post on the thread so I have an idea of names and numbers,

Hope to see you there

Mark

Just got through to the site (Camp Du Nacre) and bookings open mid July Tel 0033 231971445 :thumb2

Hopefully join you again this year Mark really enjoyed last years event

The slightly posher chalets were good value too with a comfy seating area and cleaning/bedding included :thumby: They’re much nicer than the basic static caravans and there’s not much difference in price once the cleaning and bedding costs are added.

We stayed in a basic static caravan in 2010 and we spent the last morning cleaning it to save 30 Euros and it wasn’t a fun way to spend a few hours on holiday :(

Attachments

• 87A743BF-0C52-4CBA-9963-DF2602977880.jpeg
    87A743BF-0C52-4CBA-9963-DF2602977880.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 2949FB00-2369-4DC1-9266-D2B550A07FFB.jpeg
    2949FB00-2369-4DC1-9266-D2B550A07FFB.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 772
News Re D-Day 2021 ....

Just booked my crossing Portsmouth - Caen,

Brittany Ferries now available to book, book early to get your preferred crossing, will fill quickly.

Bookings for Ferries now available, but Accomodation at Camp Du Nacre not open yet, will be any day now, will post up when open for booking, checking daily :thumb2

Number of bookings already in, reports are the site if getting booked up, book soon!

Small Print!

"Please note that this is Open Invite is not part of the "BMW Club Event" being held onsite at the same time.

As we are coming out of the current lockdown and the vaccine is here I think there will be a pickup in booking numbers for Camp du Nacre and the ferries, there are safeguards and protection in place by the operators should covid strike again next summer (Unlikely)

Best advice if you want to join us is to get your ferry sorted and book into the site for your accommodation asap :thumb

Open invite D Day 2021 *** Cancelled***

Sorry to have to annonce that due to the French Goverment not permiting travel till after June 9th I have no option than to cancel our "D'Day" event for this year, please contact your individual travel providers regarding refunds or moving your arrangements and the campsite for any deposit refunds or alterenative dates

Back
Top Bottom