Easy off road Pyrenees GPX

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that borders will open later in the year with that in mind does anyone have gpx files of off-road trails that a reasonably competent GS good do on a 1200?

Was meant to being doing similar trip, although 2up, for two weeks in April til all travel got cancelled. Interested in what you find.
Have a great trip.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Ive been to the Pyrenees before and done the N260 etc but I want this to be an off road trip. Wikiloc has some, didn’t know if anyone had a full route from east to west.

A full route east to west, across the Pyrenees, off road.... the TET is your best bet..... How 'easy' it will all be? You'll find out, no doubt.

A lot of the TET is tough for a big bike, I was trying to combine some road and easy off road.

Also much of the TET is simple for a big bike in the Pyrenees, you can also look at the Smuggler's routes into Andorra.

So now you have some ideas for off-load stuff, the ease of which you'll find out. Now go to the stickies where there are the suggested east to west routes from ADAC, which are pretty good. Then take a decent paper map and / or Google maps and / or something like Open Street Map and work out how to maybe join them up to fill however long it is you have available to ride it all. If nothing else, the maps will give you a good idea as to how 'off-road' the 'off-road' is likely to be.

So now you have some ideas for off-load stuff, the ease of which you'll find out. Now go to the stickies where there are the suggested east to west routes from ADAC, which are pretty good. Then take a decent paper map and / or Google maps and / or something like Open Street Map and work out how to maybe join them up to fill however long it is you have available to ride it all. If nothing else, the maps will give you a good idea as to how 'off-road' the 'off-road' is likely to be.

Thank you

Also, have a look at the Vibraction Roadbooks - https://www.vibraction.org/road-books/espagne/

For a small sum, they will send you the road book, a suitable map and also email the GPX route for direct upload to your GPS.

These are primarily for 4x4 so might suit the GS.

Have a look at the website and there are numerous vids on YouTube

Dazlove

Also, have a look at the Vibraction Roadbooks - https://www.vibraction.org/road-books/espagne/

For a small sum, they will send you the road book, a suitable map and also email the GPX route for direct upload to your GPS.

These are primarily for 4x4 so might suit the GS.

Have a look at the website and there are numerous vids on YouTube

Dazlove

Those road books look great, thanks for posting, but the site and books look to be in French and I can’t see an English version - am I missing something?
Cheers

How’s your shoulder now GB? :nenau Back to full fitness?

Never will be back to full fitness, constant discomfort but you learn to live with. Restricted movement sideways and forwards and 20% weaker. Have appointments every year with the surgeon, got another one in August as they are considering taking the prosthetic out and changing it, was hoping it would last till I retired but that’s not going to happen.

Oh blimey! Doesn’t sound too clever then! :blast
Hope it doesn’t hinder you too much but I suspect it probably does.

Those road books look great, thanks for posting, but the site and books look to be in French and I can’t see an English version - am I missing something?
Cheers

Hi Dermott, how's tricks?

Back on topid:

I'm just started working on the routes of my guide book for the Pyrenees, which I hope will be in print well in time for Christmas sticking fillers ...

I'm including some trails suitable for big bikes and the 'reasonably experienced rider on a 1200 GS is my model - as opposed to the 'under 700 cc dedicated off road bike riding with light luggage' which is the 'benchmark' for the TET trails.

My trails start more or less at the frontier between Aragón and Catalonia as west of there the trails are more technical (in Aragón) and in Navarre and the Basque Country most of the trails in the Pyrenees are closed

I was the 'Linesman' for the TET and devised or tested all of the trail that you see there now. If you wanted to use the TET trails I suggest you use the French TET until is intersects with the Spanish GER (Great East Route) trails near Montrejeau in France, then head south until it intersects with the GNR (Great North Route) at Sort, then follow it east. The GER trails are easy in this section but the GNR trails are more technical, but there are plenty of lovely roads nearby as alternatives.

Enjoy!

I’ve done a few bits of the TET with the GS in Spain.
Easy.

Will post the section in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom