Slow processor?

Are you still in your nightie? One moment this is the most pressing matter on Earth, the next it’s nothing.

Are you still in your nightie? One moment this is the most pressing matter on Earth, the next it’s nothing.

I am. With no underpants on either.

Had a web chat with Garmin today, and they agreed it’s not right, so will replace the unit if Infimity don’t.

Just been out and tested it in the car, and it’s taking a long time to get a satellite, especially under trees. There’s a big delay in catching up with the current speed, then by the time it does, it’s showing too fast, as I’ve slowed down again!

Will get it swapped out.

Just collected the replacement unit, so let’s see how this one goes. All updates done, including French maps. :D

Just collected the replacement unit, so let’s see how this one goes. All updates done, including French maps. :D

kBgSQYBatwIyRo-4PRYwrnHBeIYi0GpEMaQYjjTjV-f_wVeqcflEs1xS7DcikWyRpA65tr7v6grPHpK-BmntBILNPCPMW_FOrbTHd8wuX7wyqZOoyWoD9Roi3tfptQU49SD3QTmHU234RCGinA

Went out today with the replacement nav. It has no issues getting satellites, but the speedo is still slow to catch up with the speedo on the bike. Accelerate up to 60 quickly, hold the bike at that speed and look at the Zumo, and it’s slow to catch up, reading 24..37..51 then it catches up. It does it more when under trees. Out in the open, it’s much faster.

Anyone else had the same?

LOL – I filmed with the camera pointing down a few bits this afternoon... but watching the videos now, you cannot really see the screen. :D
Let me see if I can salvage something.

I don't really watch the speed on the Zumo usually, also I keep mine out of the way, but I think I noticed what you say. There is a bit of a lag. But seems acceptable on mine.

LOL – I filmed with the camera pointing down a few bits this afternoon... but watching the videos now, you cannot really see the screen. :D
Let me see if I can salvage something.

I don't really watch the speed on the Zumo usually, also I keep mine out of the way, but I think I noticed what you say. There is a bit of a lag. But seems acceptable on mine.

Glad it’s not just me then. I mainly use the bike speedo, but the nav is very slow, unlike any others I’ve had.

And Wapping can piss off, before he chimes in. :dabone

Back
Top Bottom