Centre Stand Assistant

Fagin, have you seen how long it takes to get a patent in this country, at the moment you are looking at about 30 months. I admire your creativity and look forward to seeing the Gadget but feel 30 months then time to find a manufacturer at the right price then put it out there may be a tad to long for the ageing bike riders. I am not getting any younger and could do with help. I dont want mean to pee on your chips. Best Wishes I hope you do well
Along this line...

There may be free/discounted advice available through the forum but I believe that once you have in some way registered a drawing (?) and maybe filed for a patent, then you have protection. (I also believe that a competitor just modifying the design can get around much of a patent's protection - end then starve you out with what it sill cost you to litigate).

If the 'registration of drawing' is actually sufficient then you might want to go and have a chat with the likes of OXFORD: their sourcing and contract manufacturing connections ('supply chain') are considerable - and their access to wholesale/retail distribution is global. You might consider an outright sale/purchase of your drawing(s) or you might also attach a royalty fee based on per item manufacture (not per item sale - the stock will be out there for years).

Lastly, you might consider a "Go Fund Me" account (https://www.gofundme.com/en-gb) where you secure voluntary contributions from interested parties/your first customers expressing an interest and backing you (like members of this forum) that will hopefully get you to the point of having manufacture - and this again, is another step towards 'original drawing' defence of your intellectual property, even without Patent.

Others are far more qualified to comment & advise and no-one wants to discourage you.

Best of luck with your project!

If anybody thinks a GS or a GSA is difficult to get onto its centre stand, go and try a new model K1600. Since the auto-levelling suspension, it seems to sit that much lower when you switch-off and go to put it on its stand. Its always been a big old lump, but now its a real pig!

I wouldn’t need such a device.

My bike rolls up on to the centre stand when I simply put my right foot on the stand lug and let my weight roll the bike up painlessly.

What’s the issue?

Definitely interested 👍 t have along term back problem and there are times I could do with a “third” hand. I like the concept of it being able to be used between bikes.

I wouldn’t need such a device.

My bike rolls up on to the centre stand when I simply put my right foot on the stand lug and let my weight roll the bike up painlessly.

What’s the issue?
Some people obviously have difficulty with getting a bike on the centre stand or they wouldn’t ask about my device. If you can manage painlessly then happy days (y)

Definitely interested 👍 t have along term back problem and there are times I could do with a “third” hand. I like the concept of it being able to be used between bikes.
Hi Mick F, sorry to hear of your back problem. It’s quite amazing that there are quite a few bikers that have problems getting a bike on the centre stand, myself included. My device is at the stage of a working prototype and I am in discussion with a local college to see if students would be able to do CAD drawings and maybe work on a manufacturing and marketing process as a project within a course curriculum?

Currently the “Device” is useable so could be demonstrated to anyone interested in it, I do have design protection on it but Patent is far too expensive. It can be used on any bike with a centre stand and I have been told by a “Patent Attorney” that it definitively has Global potential so fingers crossed.

It is foldable so takes up very little room and can even be carried in a pannier, topbox or bag. It weighs approximately 2.4kgs but I have plans to see if I can make it even lighter.

Along this line...

There may be free/discounted advice available through the forum but I believe that once you have in some way registered a drawing (?) and maybe filed for a patent, then you have protection. (I also believe that a competitor just modifying the design can get around much of a patent's protection - end then starve you out with what it sill cost you to litigate).

If the 'registration of drawing' is actually sufficient then you might want to go and have a chat with the likes of OXFORD: their sourcing and contract manufacturing connections ('supply chain') are considerable - and their access to wholesale/retail distribution is global. You might consider an outright sale/purchase of your drawing(s) or you might also attach a royalty fee based on per item manufacture (not per item sale - the stock will be out there for years).

Lastly, you might consider a "Go Fund Me" account (https://www.gofundme.com/en-gb) where you secure voluntary contributions from interested parties/your first customers expressing an interest and backing you (like members of this forum) that will hopefully get you to the point of having manufacture - and this again, is another step towards 'original drawing' defence of your intellectual property, even without Patent.

Others are far more qualified to comment & advise and no-one wants to discourage you.

Best of luck with your project!
Kitsilano, thank you for your guidance and obvious interest in my device, it is nice to read more positive posts rather than people knocking the idea straight away just because they can manage putting their bike on the centre stand.

I am sad it has taken so long to get anywhere with this, personal life and work life very often get in the way as I am sure you know yourself.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Ride safe

Fagin

Hi
New to this forum.
Whats the latest on this device please, need help with centre stand as disabled.
Cheers

Kitsilano, thank you for your guidance and obvious interest in my device, it is nice to read more positive posts rather than people knocking the idea straight away just because they can manage putting their bike on the centre stand.

I am sad it has taken so long to get anywhere with this, personal life and work life very often get in the way as I am sure you know yourself.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Ride safe

Fagin
Fagin
Did you get product finished?

Back
Top Bottom