Centre Stand Assistant

I too have had a heart attack, 2 actually plus a triple bypass. I’m a 70 years old short arse and can never ever understand what the problem is getting the bike on the centre stand. I’m talking about my own bike 2003 1150 GS. All I have ever done, without any effort is, hold left Handel bar Right hand at the top of the pillion footrest frame, Right foot on Centre stand and up she Pops. Zero effort. Wish I could post a Video. I can do a Video if someone can upload it for me. :beerjug:
UPDATE No 2

Right just to answer some of your questions
It is not a second person.....But I do like that concept.

There are no complicated hydraulics or bricks and planks.

As for the the choice of bike, I had a heart attack and triple bypass after I had bought my 2016 GS Triple Black so the bike existed prior to my struggle to put it on the centre stand.

I know lots of you want a description of how this gadget is going to work but I am sure you will understand that I don't want someone else pipping me at the post by using my idea.........not that any fellow Tossers would do that of course :duno ;)Watch this space and info will be forthcoming :thumby:

So when will this be for sale then?

UPDATE NUMBER THREE

Design phase is almost complete and I have been advised by the Business Gateway to speak to a "Patent Attorney" who goes through the process of "Concept to Market".

I had a meeting on Friday last week and have secured the support of the Gateway advisor who has suggested that this idea is potentially of global interest and is going to arrange putting me in touch with marketing experts to move things forward, one thing that they have already advised is that it is very important to put design protection in place before any details are released and again they are arranging this as well.

This doesn't help all you Tossers that have expressed an interest in my idea and want to know more, but going on the advice I have had so far this could potentially be a real winner ;)

Again folks watch this space

UPDATE NUMBER THREE

Design phase is almost complete and I have been advised by the Business Gateway to speak to a "Patent Attorney" who goes through the process of "Concept to Market".

I had a meeting on Friday last week and have secured the support of the Gateway advisor who has suggested that this idea is potentially of global interest and is going to arrange putting me in touch with marketing experts to move things forward, one thing that they have already advised is that it is very important to put design protection in place before any details are released and again they are arranging this as well.

This doesn't help all you Tossers that have expressed an interest in my idea and want to know more, but going on the advice I have had so far this could potentially be a real winner ;)

Again folks watch this space

All that can take months, if not years. Most of this lot will have fallen off their perches by then!

I saw one of those Xmas adverts on TV recently, one item was Huawei buds or something like that, looked pretty much exactly the same as apples offering. Personally I believe patents have little value now if your product is one that the Chinese can copy as they knew damn well that you'd need deep pockets to enforce such a patent against them in their own country. And, from personal experience I have to say that I've been left with the impression that patent lawyers are happy to walk you along that patent pathway while you pay for them to do so, even if its obvious to them that what lies at the end of the path is a mirage.

I saw one of those Xmas adverts on TV recently, one item was Huawei buds or something like that, looked pretty much exactly the same as apples offering. Personally I believe patents have little value now if your product is one that the Chinese can copy as they knew damn well that you'd need deep pockets to enforce such a patent against them in their own country. And, from personal experience I have to say that I've been left with the impression that patent lawyers are happy to walk you along that patent pathway while you pay for them to do so, even if its obvious to them that what lies at the end of the path is a mirage.
This :fbthumb:fbthumb
If it works ,,, get it made and get it out there ,, or you have wasted your time . The Chinese are UTTERLY UTTERLY unscrupulous about copying anything that suits them - - - and flogging it on .

This :fbthumb:fbthumb
If it works ,,, get it made and get it out there ,, or you have wasted your time . The Chinese are UTTERLY UTTERLY unscrupulous about copying anything that suits them - - - and flogging it on .

...as are western consumers when it comes to creating their market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...as are western consumers when it comes to creating their market!

And many on here - how many times have we seen comments about Machine Art and their rip-off prices and 'much cheaper on Ali Express'...?

I can do mine fully loaded with camping gear in bare feet.
in fact i've never had a problem.
Its not strength as i don't feel like i am straining or anything, so must just be technique.

So what are you lot doing wrong?
maybe i should do a video on it lol

If I can give my only bit of advice on this, as others have said, it shouldn't be about lifting the bike onto the centre stand at all, but all about putting your bodyweight directly on the lever point of the stand. I see many people struggling because they have their weight forward of the lever point, so they are actually fighting their own weight.

The secret is to stand parallel to the bike - not facing it. Then put your weight on your right foot and just stand on the centre stand lever. Done correctly, all your weight is directly over the lever point and the bike will go up. No lifting needed.

I used to really struggle putting my GS on the centre stand until I saw somebody demonstrate this at an IAM Machine Handling day....then the physics just clicked and the problem was gone forever.

Back
Top Bottom