Tracking a trip

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm off to Italy next week to finally see my family. I can't wait. This lockdown story has been tough.

I usually take the bike and for me, it's all very familiar and of course, I love the ride down there :).

I use Live Track so those that matter to me can monitor my progress. It's a great thing to do, especially when they just do not understand why I would ever want to ride all that way. Lol.

But does anyone have any ideas of how to record a trip? A friend has got me into 'Relive' which looks quite good actually. But I'm not sure if it'll connect with the Zumo?

Are there any other things out there I'm missing? It's looking like I'll use Relive, but that is really aimed at sports activities like running and cycling I think?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

How accurate do you want it? Google timeline is something I have used to remind me where I have been but it is not 100% accurate. Seem it can give live updates of your location as well.

Yes. Google's tracker is something I have too - for better or worse

But no, it wasn't accuracy per se. It was something like "Relive" that gives you the map along with photos at their taken locations.

I guess I'm wondering if there's something similar that I haven't seen?

A Garmin Zumo will record a trip with very good accuracy, within its internal memory.

You can then:

A. See it on the Zumo’s screen

B. See it on your home computer via BaseCamp or MapSource

I believe the new BMW Motorrad app will also record trips, along with speeds achieved, lean angles (if such twaddle interests you) and link to pictures, so that they appear in some sort of timeline. I guess it’s ability to record a track might depend on your phone’s own internal memory. This is all because just riding a motorcycle from A to B is just not enough.

I'm off to Italy next week to finally see my family. I can't wait. This lockdown story has been tough.

I usually take the bike and for me, it's all very familiar and of course, I love the ride down there :).

I use Live Track so those that matter to me can monitor my progress. It's a great thing to do, especially when they just do not understand why I would ever want to ride all that way. Lol.

But does anyone have any ideas of how to record a trip? A friend has got me into 'Relive' which looks quite good actually. But I'm not sure if it'll connect with the Zumo?

Are there any other things out there I'm missing? It's looking like I'll use Relive, but that is really aimed at sports activities like running and cycling I think?

A cheap tracker might do the job

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom