Off-road Pyrenees tec

Dazlove

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have a look at the Vibraction Roadbooks - https://www.vibraction.org/road-books/espagne/

For a small sum, they will send you the road book, a suitable map and also email the GPX route for direct upload to your GPS.

These are primarily for 4x4 so might suit the GS.

Have a look at the website and there are numerous vids on YouTube

Dazlove

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just started working on the routes of my guide book for the Pyrenees, which I hope will be in print well in time for Christmas sticking fillers ...

I'm including some trails suitable for big bikes and the 'reasonably experienced rider on a 1200 GS is my model - as opposed to the 'under 700 cc dedicated off road bike riding with light luggage' which is the 'benchmark' for the TET trails.

My trails start more or less at the frontier between Aragón and Catalonia as west of there the trails are more technical (in Aragón) and in Navarre and the Basque Country most of the trails in the Pyrenees are closed

I was the 'Linesman' for the TET and devised or tested all of the trail that you see there now. If you wanted to use the TET trails I suggest you use the French TET until is intersects with the Spanish GER (Great East Route) trails near Montrejeau in France, then head south until it intersects with the GNR (Great North Route) at Sort, then follow it east. The GER trails are easy in this section but the GNR trails are more technical, but there are plenty of lovely roads nearby as alternatives.

Enjoy!

I'm just started working on the routes of my guide book for the Pyrenees, which I hope will be in print well in time for Christmas sticking fillers ...

I'm including some trails suitable for big bikes and the 'reasonably experienced rider on a 1200 GS is my model - as opposed to the 'under 700 cc dedicated off road bike riding with light luggage' which is the 'benchmark' for the TET trails.

My trails start more or less at the frontier between Aragón and Catalonia as west of there the trails are more technical (in Aragón) and in Navarre and the Basque Country most of the trails in the Pyrenees are closed

I was the 'Linesman' for the TET and devised or tested all of the trail that you see there now. If you wanted to use the TET trails I suggest you use the French TET until is intersects with the Spanish GER (Great East Route) trails near Montrejeau in France, then head south until it intersects with the GNR (Great North Route) at Sort, then follow it east. The GER trails are easy in this section but the GNR trails are more technical, but there are plenty of lovely roads nearby as alternatives.

Enjoy!

Please post a link when your book is ready to buy...

Back
Top Bottom