New Independent BMW Technician. Wirral/Merseyside.

Hope it wasn't your goodself who lost his tools in the fire at Marriotts ? Tom's been fettling my bikes there:)

The one and only !!

Tom has left now, so they currently have no technicians or workshop really. They are rebuilding their workshop with my help though. And I will be working there also. I like to mix my spanner time between German and Japanese :)

Just spoken with Ted, seems like a helpful chap. My 1100GS is booked in for a 24k service. MOT and general 'health check'. Will report back in due course.

So far so good. Ted has rung me back when he said he would do so, collected the bike on time at the agreed time, and texted me last night with the cost of the parts to check I was ok with it before he placed the parts order (so I'm not taken by surprise by the parts bill) even though I gave him a long list of the things I wanted doing. :beerjug:

Ted's got mine now, shocks going to T-Tech for overhaul, full service, pads and D4 lights fitted ..
27ed81442a9131aba34e484f6183caa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm stocking/distributing Nushings

Hey all.

Just to let you know that I am now stocking and supplying Nylager Nushings. Ready for immediate dispatch from the U.K.

:thumb

So far so good. Ted has rung me back when he said he would do so, collected the bike on time at the agreed time, and texted me last night with the cost of the parts to check I was ok with it before he placed the parts order (so I'm not taken by surprise by the parts bill) even though I gave him a long list of the things I wanted doing. :beerjug:

Righty-ho. An update on the service. Lots of communication while Ted had it, lots of pics of what was wrong, and lots of discussion on the best/most cost effective way of resolving the issues. Collected the 1100 from Ted last Tuesday, rode home and had a WhatsApp message just checking that all was well on the ride home (it was!). Took the bike out on Saturday and put a few hundred miles on it, again all seems well. It'll be going back for a quick checkover in about 1k miles just because of some of the things that were found on the bike as it was serviced, but suffice to say I'm happy, and the bike seems happy too. I just need to get used to what's 'normal' for an 1100 :beerjug:

Hi all. I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Ted and I'm a Motorcycle Technician with nearly twenty years of experience in the trade. I've spent the last eight years with BMW where I gained my BMW service qualifications. I'm also fully IMI qualified and registered and I'm a current MOT tester.

Alongside all that, I am working with a local Kawasaki and Suzuki dealership as well as looking after some of my local blood bikers and Advanced riders.

I have parted company with my good friends at Motorrad to open up my own private 'By appointment only' workshop where I am servicing and repairing all makes and models. And of course, a lot of BMW's.

I have been working as a self employed BMW tech as a sideline for many years already but now that I have cut ties with the dealerships I'm 100% working solo.

My workshop is fully equipped and I am fully qualified and insured. I can stamp your book and I can turn off your service light. Your warranty is not compromised as I only use genuine parts. I have experience with all types of BMW's from R80s-1250's. Not many dealers even want to touch an oil-heads these days and I've not met a dealer tech in the last five years who even knew what a carburettor was; let alone how to balance one.

I build custom bikes so I'm not half bad with a TIG welder and I run a part time fabrication workshop also.

My labour rate is significantly less than a main dealer, I won't over-charge you on parts and I have the time and experience to give you a thorough and personal service. My work is not a 'Box Ticking exercise'.

From one biker to another... Face to face.
I am also a RTW rider. I have ridden most continents. I am an Adventure biker through and through.

You can find my page of Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Revive-1767230456845383/

Or you can email me: tedmagnum@hotmail.com

Or good old fashioned 'Dog n' bone' 0757 875 0900

Thank you for your time.

Ted

Have emailed you Ted. :)

Cheers Ted

Thanks for changing the Bearings on my GS 1200 LC today. A good job and noticeably cheaper than BMW. Cheers

Hi all.

I don't seem to be getting notifications for private messages from this forum even though I have the correct settings. Must be something with my email.

Please contact me on:

0757 875 0900 or
ted@motorevive.com

Or Find me on Facebook: MotoRevive.

Thanks all :okay

Moto Revive to the rescue

Just had some work done by Moto Revive. My R1100RT needed some tlc and some general maintenance to bring it back up to scratch. I read a post from Moto Revive in a Facebook group that I am in. Anyway, Ted did a fantastic job, kept the cost down to a very reasonable level, kept me informed about the progress and brought my bike back sounding better than it's been since I've owned it. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Ted. This is now my go to place for any BMW requirements.

Just picked up another 1150GSA, will give you a call and get booked in for a check over.

Can you get original parts any cheaper?

I have been looking for a second hand K1600 Grand America seat with no luck as I'm looking at sending it to be customised, so was wondering how much it would be for a standard height new one if you can get one?

James

Hi James.

I'm not a BMW dealer. I don't deal in their accessories and parts. I have a very good relationship with my local dealer but I can't source any parts cheaper unfortunately.

Regards, Ted

The Last Post.

This is my 37 and I feel probably my “last Post” as I expect to be kicked off the site after I have said what I have to say, am not a massive contributor and my presents will not be missed in any way shape or form.
I was only trying to support the use of Independent workshops as there are many up and down the country doing a fantastic job, and I was only relaying what “BMW” told me.
I am very disappointed in the actions of “The Moderator” on this section, they have removed a valid discussion point and branded members opinions as “nonsense”.
The whole point of posts/threads etc is to discuss and who knows where they may lead, the action of removing comments just because you don’t like them is rather draconian.

My best wishers go out to Ted and all the best for a great future and to all the other hard working guys and girls in freezing workshops up and down the land.

The Last Post.

This is my 37 and I feel probably my “last Post” as I expect to be kicked off the site after I have said what I have to say, am not a massive contributor and my presents will not be missed in any way shape or form.
I was only trying to support the use of Independent workshops as there are many up and down the country doing a fantastic job, and I was only relaying what “BMW” told me.
I am very disappointed in the actions of “The Moderator” on this section, they have removed a valid discussion point and branded members opinions as “nonsense”.
The whole point of posts/threads etc is to discuss and who knows where they may lead, the action of removing comments just because you don’t like them is rather draconian.

My best wishers go out to Ted and all the best for a great future and to all the other hard working guys and girls in freezing workshops up and down the land.

I doubt you are going to be kicked off Zen. The thread was just going wildly off topic. No offence taken my anyone. Especially me. I just made this thread to say hello and spread the word. Not discuss the pro's and cons of independents and the the finer points of the U.K Tax system. :)

Hi All
Just got back from Ted's who gave my rallye a check over, he picked a couple of points for me to get in touch with my local dealer, One being back wheel spokes need tightening of which I am a bit disappointed with the dealer who sold the bike as surely should have been checked, the other was a loose battery terminal again should have been done before it left the dealer, just in the process of ringing said dealer and then getting booked in for spoke tightening, a trip to Ted's was a journey well worth doing, highly recommended.
Thanks Ted.

Hi All
Just got back from Ted's who gave my rallye a check over, he picked a couple of points for me to get in touch with my local dealer, One being back wheel spokes need tightening of which I am a bit disappointed with the dealer who sold the bike as surely should have been checked, the other was a loose battery terminal again should have been done before it left the dealer, just in the process of ringing said dealer and then getting booked in for spoke tightening, a trip to Ted's was a journey well worth doing, highly recommended.
Thanks Ted.

I recently had a conversation with Ted about a bike of his that he was selling. I can confirm that he is a genuine guy and not a dealer. I have friends in the local IAM group that know him very well having sorted their bikes on many occasions and I would trust their judgement absolutely. I believe he also services the local blood bikes.

I have no personal connection but heads up on a useful resource. All in all, a very useful independent technician in the North West. Ex Chester Motorrad and Marriotts.

Hi all. I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Ted and I'm a Motorcycle Technician with nearly twenty years of experience in the trade. I've spent the last eight years with BMW where I gained my BMW service qualifications. I'm also fully IMI qualified and registered and I'm a current MOT tester.

Alongside all that, I am working with a local Kawasaki and Suzuki dealership as well as looking after some of my local blood bikers and Advanced riders.

I have parted company with my good friends at Motorrad to open up my own private 'By appointment only' workshop where I am servicing and repairing all makes and models. And of course, a lot of BMW's.

I have been working as a self employed BMW tech as a sideline for many years already but now that I have cut ties with the dealerships I'm 100% working solo.

My workshop is fully equipped and I am fully qualified and insured. I can stamp your book and I can turn off your service light. Your warranty is not compromised as I only use genuine parts. I have experience with all types of BMW's from R80s-1250's. Not many dealers even want to touch an oil-heads these days and I've not met a dealer tech in the last five years who even knew what a carburettor was; let alone how to balance one.

I build custom bikes so I'm not half bad with a TIG welder and I run a part time fabrication workshop also.

My labour rate is significantly less than a main dealer, I won't over-charge you on parts and I have the time and experience to give you a thorough and personal service. My work is not a 'Box Ticking exercise'.

From one biker to another... Face to face.
I am also a RTW rider. I have ridden most continents. I am an Adventure biker through and through.

You can find my page of Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Revive-1767230456845383/

Or you can email me: tedmagnum@hotmail.com

Or good old fashioned 'Dog n' bone' 0757 875 0900

Thank you for your time.

Ted

Hi all. I get a lot of questions about if their warranty is affected by having their bike maintained outside of the BMW Authorised network. There is so much bad information knocking around that I thought it would just be easier to copy the terms and conditions from BMW itself. From their website.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/warranty.html

You can download the PDF document from a link at the bottom of the page.

This motorcycle is warranted by the Retailer whose name appears overleaf, to be
free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 36 months from the
date of sale, with no mileage limitation.
Remedial work under warranty may be carried out by a BMW Authorised
Motorcycle Retailer at whose sole discretion any defective parts will be repaired or
replaced. Parts for which replacements are made become the property of BMW
(UK) Limited.
Your motorcycle may be taken to any convenient BMW Authorised Motorcycle
Retailer for warranty work to be carried out.
These warranty terms are applicable providing your vehicle has been serviced in
accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended schedules and timescales.
proof of adequate servicing will be required in the event of a warranty claim. This
should contain the details of work carried out, the specification of the lubricants
and parts used, the type of service carried out and the vehicle’s mileage.

We believe that Authorised BMW Retailers are best equipped to meet your service
and maintenance requirements. However, your Retailer warranty will not be affected
should you decide to have servicing carried out by a non-BMW authorised workshop.

I must add that this is BMW's terms and conditions. It may not apply to other manufacturers.

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom