Innovv K2 power issue

RichardD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I installed a K2 on my GS a couple of months ago and it was all working fine.

However, today I decided to look at a recording and discovered it hasn't recorded anything in the past week. Having discovered that, I had a look at the unit and found that it does not power up with the bike ignition (ie, there are no lights on the main recording unit, even after waiting for the normal delay period).

I checked the wiring. The power converter has the blue light (this seems to be always on), and the fuse is ok on the red lead to the battery. I also checked the switched live and it is outputting 12v - although it's one of those crappy blue connectors and it's not easy to see if there's a great connection.

So, power seems be going into the power converter but I can't tell if it there is an output as my multimeter is too large to check the K2 waterproof plug terminals.

Anyone experienced anything similar or can offer any other advice?

Replying to my own post.

Having just RTFM I noticed the Innovv can be powered by USB. So, I will test that option tomorrow as it should at least prove where the issue lies - with the power converter/wiring or with the main unit itself.

Richard, you could come over to my place and try my unit so we could eliminate various bits. (Socially distancing, of course)
Regards
Phil

Richard, you could come over to my place and try my unit so we could eliminate various bits. (Socially distancing, of course)
Regards
Phil

Sound like an excellent plan, Phil. I'll PM you. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom