Knott End.

Stu and I heading for Knott End chippy Monday lunchtime. We'll be sat at the seafront taking in the view across the bay whilst looking for a suitable site for Kenny's commemorative statue :D

Might drop in and see you both as I’m on me travels. Kennys statue could take on the theme of L.S. Lowry Man Lying on a Wall. Can’t post it off me phone !!! Still think it would look nice next to the man with the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatal,went passed that chippy and there was a new super charged kwacker there he might of upgraded.

Stu and I heading for Knott End chippy Monday lunchtime. We'll be sat at the seafront taking in the view across the bay whilst looking for a suitable site for Kenny's commemorative statue :D

I hope he lands on the beach again while we're eating our chips. Knott End needs all the excitement it can get.:D

Might drop in and see you both as I’m on me travels. Kennys statue could take on the theme of L.S. Lowry Man Lying on a Wall. Can’t post it off me phone !!! Still think it would look nice next to the man with the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here yer go...:thumb2

Attachments

• ManLyingOnTheWall.jpg
    ManLyingOnTheWall.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 200
Nice to see you yesterday Stu & Al. Pity we couldn't have dined at the same table, but the fish & chips were nice.

That's a nice coastal run up to Glasson Dock and thanks for the brew.

Sad there no Street Carnivals or Vibrant Cafe Culture on a monday. Will have to try again.:blast

Nice to see you yesterday Stu & Al. Pity we couldn't have dined at the same table, but the fish & chips were nice.

That's a nice coastal run up to Glasson Dock and thanks for the brew.

Sad there no Street Carnivals or Vibrant Cafe Culture on a monday. Will have to try again.:blast

Nice to see you up there yesterday.:beerjug:
The street entertainment next week will be the council repairing pot holes.
Knott End - The resort that keeps giving.:thumb2

Where to next week for lunch? Can anyone recommend a good chippy in Settle? Or maybe we should go to Hawes?

Where to next week for lunch? Can anyone recommend a good chippy in Settle? Or maybe we should go to Hawes?

The Fisherman in churh street just up the road from the petrol station has always been good. Probably takeaway only .Settle.

Perhaps we can compile a list of north west chippies based on our lunch time forays in search of the perfect batter.

As a suggestion from one that frequents these parts, the Cafe at Kettlewell is quite nice, and a little more "Peaceful" than Hawes and Settle, good roads in all directions from there too... :okay

Quite possibly, I seem to remember Rab C Nesbitt describing Blackpool as 'Las Vegas for scum' :D I also recall the comedian Colin Crompton describe Morecambe as the place where 'they stand the dead up in bus shelters'

It's reet gradeley in Lancasheer :D

Just having a sniff through this old thread;;; standing the dead up in bus shelters; :D:D:D.
The Ponda opened last weekend;; we were there Friday;:blast:doris.

The best chippie in the North of England is the Great Eccleston Fish Bar (Bellamy's). It's been alleged that people have been known to travel from Christchurch New Zealand (South Island) to obtain a fish 'n' chips supper from there !
I don't personally think I would go to those extremes but if I'm anywhere in the vicinity I always stop there...it's excellent.
It's also the place where the British round of the European Tractor Pull Championships
are held, truly a sight to behold. Some of the 'tractors' are over
10,000 bhp with multiple engined nitro- methane burning big block V8's, others have Russian helicopter turbines or Rolls Royce 37 litre Griffon engines all creeping past at 5 mph at full chat. Well worth a watch.. but go in the car it's often muddy...your Wunderlich side stand enlarger won't be enough.
e62591595ebc56e3c21d73380168e37e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Stu and I will investigate and report back :D I wonder if anyone from Gt Eccleston has travelled to Christchurch NZ for a roast lamb or Hangi dinner?

I've travelled from Barnoldswick to NZ for a hangi dinner , had a holiday while i was there :beerjug:

Stu and I will investigate and report back :D I wonder if anyone from Gt Eccleston has travelled to Christchurch NZ for a roast lamb or Hangi dinner?

On the subject of travelling for a meal, I was just contemplating a trip to Kiev for one of my favourite
dishes, a 'côtelette de volaille' otherwise known a a Chicken Kiev.
This was brought on by speaking to my son this morning who is staying in a stunning hotel owned by
Wladimir Klitschko. I asked him to sample said dish and report back if it's better than Marks & Spencer's
offering which in my opinion is the best so far.

BTW, I found a cracking chippy just outside of Blackpool at the weekend....Bispham Kitchen.:thumb2

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 152
Stu, don't forget we're going to Blackpool Honda next Tuesday, fish and chip lunch either in Blackpool or ride over to Gt Eccleston?

Back
Top Bottom