Knott End.

lucas

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a nice run to Knott End. The cafe was shut so made do with a nice ice cream. No sign of the dynamic duo who frequent this place. Could have been at the chippy in town !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71e70c532bb9b1ad2849a5bc25a2fcbb.jpg

Wasn't the chippy open around the corner in the village centre? I was thinking of going there next week for my fish and chip lunch with Stu :)

Think it was Al. Took sandwiches with me today but the chippy option defo sounds better. Will meet up with you and Stu but not up the Ponderosa after last times adventures detour

There's a petition at Knott End to have a memorial statue erected to commemorate your landing there. You certainly attracted a crowd as recorded by the Knott End Globe and Argus newspaper :D

Attachments

• alcock-brown crash.jpg
    alcock-brown crash.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 542
Glad Kenny survived !!!!! The statue could go next to the man with a little dog.

I remember landing there and sitting about half mile from the beach wall....no one else about so got my butties out and thought I'd have some peace and quiet.......then spotted three lads cycling out ( probably between my numerous 'bomb hole' landings:D ) and you know when you just don't want to be bothered by anyone,especially yoof's asking how fast it goes etc. So let them get reasonably close before shouting 'clear prop' firing up and taking off....only at about 1000 ft did I realise my butties had exited stage left and that I hadn't fastened my seat belt:eek:, in fact I was sitting on the feckin' thing:yikes What fun trying to raise my perfect specimen of a body out of the seat ( no sides, remember ! ) and trying to pull the seat belt harness out and get fastened in...without falling back into my squashed butties down below :D

Think it was Al. Took sandwiches with me today but the chippy option defo sounds better. Will meet up with you and Stu but not up the Ponderosa after last times adventures detour

Hasn't the Pondy shut down for good ?

Don’t want to find out. The Welsh gestarpo will be out to boost their Xmas party funds.

I only live about 60 miles from Knott End, but never been. I'm off next week, so it will be on my list.

There's some bouncey twisty roads on the way, also take a ride up to Glasson Dock from there.

The bloke who has the Chippy used to have a Kawasaki Z900RS, don't know if he's still got it.

I only live about 60 miles from Knott End, but never been. I'm off next week, so it will be on my list.

The Santa Monica of Lancashire. For double dissapointment have a run up to Glasson Dock while you're there.:thumb
Watch out for the street carnivals and vibrant cafe culture.:D

Lucas and Al. Yes we could do a reconstruction of our adventure to the Ponderosa, Lancashire style next week.:thumb2

The Santa Monica of Lancashire. For double dissapointment have a run up to Glasson Dock while you're there.:thumb

Lucas and Al. Yes we could do a reconstruction of our adventure to the Ponderosa, Lancashire style next week.:thumb2

Yes could be up your neck of the woods next week with a run up to the Forest Of Bowland.
Some nice roads in that area.

hahaha if knott end is the Santa Monica of Lancs ,that would make Glasson dock the Monaco of Lancs

If that’s so. What’s the best thing to come out of Yorkshire :nenau

hahaha if knott end is the Santa Monica of Lancs ,that would make Glasson dock the Monaco of Lancs

Quite possibly, I seem to remember Rab C Nesbitt describing Blackpool as 'Las Vegas for scum' :D I also recall the comedian Colin Crompton describe Morecambe as the place where 'they stand the dead up in bus shelters'

It's reet gradeley in Lancasheer :D

Back
Top Bottom