Top box divider/organiser HELP

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone uses or can recommend any method or device for dividing the top box into section.
I’m specifically looking for something that will keep my thermos upright while stored in the top box.

Are you talking about a thermos flask? Assuming you are and assuming it has a non ferrous body, could you glue several small neodymium magnets, or magnet and steel washers, one onto the base of the flask and the other to the base of the topbox in the desired position? Just thinking aloud really.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Foam inserts like wot photographers use for cameras and lenses and fings?

Adhesive backed Velcro. Hairy bit on flask. Hooky bit on both sides of a corner of top box. Solid as a rock. Carry fuel or oil like this.

Who said anything about it leaking....!

Ok but if it might and you want to store it upright, cut down a wellie boot and screw it to the bottom of the top box. That'll leave room for some cheese and pickle sandwiches as well.
Win, win.

Ok but if it might and you want to store it upright, cut down a wellie boot and screw it to the bottom of the top box. That'll leave room for some cheese and pickle sandwiches as well.
Win, win.

Im liking this idea. :thumb2

Foam inserts like wot photographers use for cameras and lenses and fings?

This would be the option I’d be taking because you can just lift it out if you need to use the box for a bag of clothes when going away.

I lined a small aluminium toolbox when I used to do a lot of trips abroad and knew what I always needed but I can’t for the life of me remember where I bought the foam from. You need close cell foam then just cut it with a very sharp knife. I found it easier to use 25mm thick foam and put multiple layers in rather than try to cut a straight line through 200mm of foam. Leave a top and bottom layer of thinner foam sheet to stop everything bouncing about.

You'd need to try it for size.
61l9T3Ba8EL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transport-...e+extinguisher+bracket&qid=1592567206&sr=8-12

Why not buy some 1" think polystyrene insulation from a builder's merchants and cut it into the sections that you need? Easy to work with and easy to remove when you need the full sized top box.

Back
Top Bottom