Tried a Goldwing today

So do I, and it’s like driving a muscle car...sooo much power and smoothness.

But the Road King has a seductive look too (and gets the thumbs up from SWMBO) ...and as Arsey is so eloquently demonstrating in his ride report to Vercors, the simple stripped down look and old style twin performance can be enjoyed in a leisurely way. But to cross a continent I would take the Goldwing (or the RT I already have!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the look of the Goldwing,

The Harley, looks primitive in comparison

I do like the red bits on the engine of the GW bagger. I think they would look very nice on my red GW tour.

Would have to be the Goldwing DCT for me, have tested that, a manual and the Bagger version, the only thing I cannot get my head around is the price! Maybe a good 2nd hand one will come along.

Would have to be the Goldwing DCT for me, have tested that, a manual and the Bagger version, the only thing I cannot get my head around is the price! Maybe a good 2nd hand one will come along.

Agree, haven’t tried the new model but having owned a Honda with DCT I’m a fan

However the price is just stoopid

The main thing I can’t get over is that they built a mega tourer where you can’t fit 2 lids in the top box :nenau

What about the BMW bagger - isn’t that cheaper then the wing?

For me though a Vivid Black RKS is on my shopping list.....as soon as they depreciate to £13k

What about the BMW bagger - isn’t that cheaper then the wing?

For me though a Vivid Black RKS is on my shopping list.....as soon as they depreciate to £13k

I reckon next year could be your year then......There will be lots of cheap toys about with all the unemployment that we are going to endure.

The "annoying" bit , is a DCT Tour 2018 model (NEW bike - older made !!) can be sourced for $21,000 in the states (at approx 1.31) that works out at £16,000 , which MUST in some manner relate to cost of the machine. Yes , I have done my sums on taxes etc , and it IS cost effective to bring one home , but not by enough to make it a no brainer ..... who wants a "grey import" for only a few thousand less ... and they would have to be a cash buyer too. What this does show , is that Mr Honda UK could be a little kinder to us if he chose ......... hmm ......................
The dip beam by the way is "straight" , and the speedo has both Km and MPH in USA .

Can get an RKS pre reg or <1000 miles for about £18k - £21k new RRP

I think HD prices are going to fall, they are not sustainable....It will no longer be a premium product next year, I really do feel it will be seen for what it is, the technology revolution will finally catch up with it and they shall be seen for the dinosaur that they are.
Don`t get me wrong, I love them, but I am in the minority as most of us are.

Goldwing looks like a cross between the Batmobile and a sex toy. I love it!

Goldwing looks like a cross between the Batmobile and a sex toy. I love it!

Me too! After a weekend of reflection I would love the Goldwing ...if I could get the man maths to work. But for the extra money above my RT LC I could buy a couple of nice bikes I also like.
Maybe ride the RT all winter and look for a better price in the spring...

Me too! After a weekend of reflection I would love the Goldwing ...if I could get the man maths to work. But for the extra money above my RT LC I could buy a couple of nice bikes I also like.
Maybe ride the RT all winter and look for a better price in the spring...

Long time dead.....

I think HD prices are going to fall, they are not sustainable....It will no longer be a premium product next year, I really do feel it will be seen for what it is, the technology revolution will finally catch up with it and they shall be seen for the dinosaur that they are.
Don`t get me wrong, I love them, but I am in the minority as most of us are.

Have you seen the new Indian Challenger.......

It’s stunning ( Road Glide on steroids) 125 BHP - Torque of the devil - Brembo Monoblocks - USD 42mm forks and decent shocks - fast handles etc.....

But......... it’s not a Harley

Having been scuppered rear end by a pal riding behind me! Aug 1st and suffering a lower leg injury where my 1250 gs rallye peg went inside my leg not very nice i can tell you. 2 ops later im recovering and looking at maybe i would be better off with DCT style bagger style bike and change my riding style. Although I was stationary at a junction its been a real brain thinker this off.I dont ride with pillion anymore so maybe a bagger style would work, or maybe a lighter bike as leg can work with who the fook knows im just pissed off. having had 11 gl1800 and then 9 GSA and GS 1200 1250 im thinking of changing as my left leg will be weak and my ankle .Just looking for opinions on the DTC before i roll out £24k lol My bike was unmarked just one scratch on the pannier rails.

Attachments

• D6224574-2F7E-40AA-BA63-668A92842C92.jpeg
    D6224574-2F7E-40AA-BA63-668A92842C92.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 352
  • C37BC764-6DE3-4D73-975E-723C5FA65B9D.jpg
    C37BC764-6DE3-4D73-975E-723C5FA65B9D.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_5355.jpg
    IMG_5355.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 320
So sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you recover soon!

To answer your query, my 3.5 hour ride on backroads and A roads and city traffic has converted me to DCT- at least the Goldwing bagger version.

It did everything I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom