Tried a Goldwing today

Most important accessory bar none is a 1" square piece of self adhesive friction pad like they use on skateboards and stick it to the center stand push plate. 2 quite stressy moments when I had mine, when foot slipped off the plate and an experienced biker nearly dropped his expensive new beast. Close calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most important accessory bar none is a 1" square piece of self adhesive friction pad like they use on skateboards and stick it to the center stand push plate. 2 quite stressy moments when I had mine, when foot slipped off the plate and an experienced biker nearly dropped his expensive new beast. Close calls

Apex: sadly I can top that story as the second time I put mine on centerstand....I ruptured my Achilles’ tendon ! Clearly the technique that worked fine on fully loaded RTs was lacking here

Apex: sadly I can top that story as the second time I put mine on centerstand....I ruptured my Achilles’ tendon ! Clearly the technique that worked fine on fully loaded RTs was lacking here

Oh no! A tear or has is snapped?

There are YouTube clips of how best to put a GW on its stand. I found I needed to do it that way rather than just grunting it like I've always done. One key is not having your foot sliding off while you do it though, thats for sure, although I imagine the side protection point stop any real damage if it does go down.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. How have you found the bike so far?

There are YouTube clips of how best to put a GW on its stand. I found I needed to do it that way rather than just grunting it like I've always done. One key is not having your foot sliding off while you do it though, thats for sure, although I imagine the side protection point stop any real damage if it does go down.

Probably quite easy to slip and remove some paint from the engine casing ? :)

Probably quite easy to slip and remove some paint from the engine casing ? :)

Yes. I imagine so.

Especially if you were to drop it, roll it upside down and kick it with steel toecap boots.....You'd remove it in just the right place

Love the bike....or did, for the 70 or 80 miles I rode it. Handles well, engine superb, comfortable, DCT great.

Completely snapped the tendon so the Goldwing is having a winter snooze...probably early summer before I can ride it again, although the ‘cast’ (surgical boot) comes off end February .
IMG_1197.jpg
(Seen next to a Pan for size comparison last month).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the bike....or did, for the 70 or 80 miles I rode it. Handles well, engine superb, comfortable, DCT great.

Completely snapped the tendon so the Goldwing is having a winter snooze...probably early summer before I can ride it again, although the ‘cast’ (surgical boot) comes off end February .
View attachment 481737
(Seen next to a Pan for size comparison last month).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Simon. Speedy recovery.

I thought you'd gone quiet on the Goldwing front. Expected to see some photos of you down a green lane on it.

Sorry to hear that Simon. Speedy recovery.

I thought you'd gone quiet on the Goldwing front. Expected to see some photos of you down a green lane on it.

Interesting picture. I think the current wing is more like an upgraded pan rather than a downgrade to the old wing. I still really like it regardless :D

Incidentally Arsey is spot on about the panniers.

Off topic, but related: 5 years ago I struggled to walk with tendonitis and associated lumps on the right tendon. I even received physio instructions. Then it dawned on me that regular putting my GSA on its centre stand was causing this. I stopped and the tendon resolved 100% very quickly.
Sounds like yours is more serious.

It is now, and I realise the root cause probably was tendinitis...so a warning to other GSers - if you feel aching ankles do take care and get some advice/physio before it becomes extreme - as in my case!

Off topic, but related: 5 years ago I struggled to walk with tendonitis and associated lumps on the right tendon. I even received physio instructions. Then it dawned on me that regular putting my GSA on its centre stand was causing this. I stopped and the tendon resolved 100% very quickly.
Sounds like yours is more serious.

Alternatively you maybe needed to put a bit of beef on. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mZtsUSXt-Zs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....

Bigger pannier lids may be a short term solution, wonder if this would be financially and logistically viable for production.

Back
Top Bottom