390 Duke ??

No they were not the old model. They were the new shape model and the only difference between the two years was a decal change. Premier Bikes sold around 40 at the lower price and like you I dallied and then when I went to pull the trigger they had all gone :blast

If the one you are looking at is a two year old bike then at £3100 he's probably making a £100 profit after two years of ownership :D

Had a good sniff around tinternet and seems bikes were being sold off pre reg in March for £3500, couple of guys said they got them for around £3000...ish and now they all seem to be at £4300, so it may be worth being patient to see if they start punting them cheap again come late Summer early Autumn.

Had a good sniff around tinternet and seems bikes were being sold off pre reg in March for £3500, couple of guys said they got them for around £3000...ish and now they all seem to be at £4300, so it may be worth being patient to see if they start punting them cheap again come late Summer early Autumn.

From what I've seen although I've not looked for a while, very few even very low mileage versions sell used for more than £3k. I'd be patient and be ready to travel and pounce for the right one. There must be loads sat not being used.

How about posting on the 390 Duke FB page or forum asking if anyone wishes to sell?

How about posting on the 390 Duke FB page or forum asking if anyone wishes to sell?

It was on the FB page is where I was reading the info though pretty much all the used ones for sale I've seen online are all above 3k, usually around the 3200-3500.

I'm kicking myself with that one last night, it was only 15 miles away, that's not gonna happen again anytime soon but hey ho.

As previously mentioned I bought a new model 67 reg one for £3k brand new from the dealer in Cirencester ( who’s name escapes me at the mo ) in Dec 17. :thumb2 I had heated grips ( actually that’s just reminded me the switch mounting bracket has snapped and I need to get a new one ) and orange hand guards fitted. Ive only done 426 miles on it so far and some of those were down in the Alps last year. It was absolutely brilliant fun! :clap
Because it’s only a small single you really do have to use the gearbox a lot more to keep your momentum up. I’m used to an 1150 GS and therefore initially tried riding it like I would as if on that. It simply doesn’t have the grunt to pull out of a slowish corner in say 4th but once you get over that it’s fantastic. :thumb2. It really buzzes along nicely. :thumb2
Now, I’m no lightweight at nearly 18 stone :D and 6’1 but can honestly say I’ve not had a problem with the suspension. :nenau Maybe I’m squashing it down far enough so it’s not to hard? :nenau
The one thing I can say about the bike is that it really turns into corners quickly! :eek: On several occasions I’ve nearly gone into the near side hedge because it dives in a LOT quicker than my GS! Again, once you get the feel for it it’s superb. :thumb2
I bought the bike to permanently live in the garage in my motorhome so I have transportation wherever I park up. Once you whip the mirrors off it a fairly low bike and also it’s a pretty light bike too so no problem wheeling it in and out of my van up and down the ramp. :thumb2
There are plenty of KTM Powerparts and aftermarket parts to farkle away to your hearts content. I’ve removed the rear foot pegs and associated exhaust hanger and it looks a LOT better. I’ve also put on frame sliders, rad guard, rectifier guard, front sprocket cover, brake reservoir cap etc.....:D

I’ve obviously not run mine in fully yet after 2 1/2 years and therefore can’t use the full rev range but even so it still has plenty of zip about it. When it’s run in fully ( eventually ) it’ll be the perfect little fun bike I was expecting it to be. :thumb2
You’re never going to win any high speed races on it but at the end of the day it’s only a little 400cc single. It does put a smile on my face every time I go out on it though. I also think they are a pretty little good looking bike! :thumb2
Oh, and while I was recently furloughed I made and fitted a bespoke mounting plate for my Zumo 660! :D It also works as a bit of a screen. I used the original TFT screen mounting bolts so fully removable.

Sorry to waffle on but I can’t recommend them enough. :thumb2

Attachments

• 1CED21E0-A7D9-494E-A0F0-B33C96F2C5A9.jpg
    1CED21E0-A7D9-494E-A0F0-B33C96F2C5A9.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 130
  • A9DCFA80-57BB-4821-8F20-C4DE45AA5295.jpg
    A9DCFA80-57BB-4821-8F20-C4DE45AA5295.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 750C5BBA-65D0-44F1-9C87-FE1DA1503150.jpg
    750C5BBA-65D0-44F1-9C87-FE1DA1503150.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 128
Udders, how is it with the fan coming on early ?

I believe the early model Gen 2 ones have the fans coming on even at moderate temps, which was subsequently solved in later releases.

Udders, how is it with the fan coming on early ?

I believe the early model Gen 2 ones have the fans coming on even at moderate temps, which was subsequently solved in later releases.
Nope, fan doesn’t come on early with mine. :nenau In my opinion it works perfectly and only when it should. Comes on just over half way on the temp gauge then cuts out again. :thumb2

I’ve also put a tail tidy on and screen protector.

Mates got one, we swapped bikes on a ride out front wheel never touched the ground........

I seem to remember a thread a while back were someone had an issue with AMS when buying a 390

Was that you?

Yes it was. I visited their bike shop with the intention of buying a new 390 Duke and got totally ignored. :confused: Must’ve been in there about 30 mins. Salesmen were about upstairs chatting but nothing. :blast Came on here, threw a bit of a wobbly and was advised to give them another try because it didn’t sound like their normal customer service. Someone on here from AMS apologised for the misunderstanding so I went back and had superb service. :thumb2 I then bought my 390 and all ended happily. :D
I wouldn’t hesitate to go back there again to buy another bike from them and after 2 1/2 years I should really get my bike finally run in and it’s second service done. I’ll probably get them to do it’s 1st MOT at the same time. :D
I do have a KTM dealer local to me in the Norfolk area but will NEVER use them.

Despite being well advised about the BMW scrambler suspension I went ahead and bought one, it was horrendous and at 11 grand new(not that I bought new) it's outrageous they are so badly suspended for the cost, with a bike only costing just over 4K new I wouldn't be expecting top notch sussies my slight issue is I'm near 16 st.

I get what you're saying about it not reacting quick enough for the next bend and something to consider but as you say, for the price it seems a lot of smiles for the price.

You need to treat that Scrambler like an ex girlfriend Cabby ........just get over her and move on ;) :D

I'm still annoyed with myself jumping in to bed with her despite all the advice I was given about her being a tart, it turned out fine in the end, life is all about experience. :aidan

So where were me :blast

Looks like I'm back on the hunt for a 390, ideally low miles and local(Scotland) fecking pissed aff paying for bikes to be shipped and end up selling them weeks later :blast

So in the unlikely event there is anyone from God's own country selling, gimme a shout.

Back
Top Bottom